October 1-5, 2007

Toups

• Members

What else can be said about the ratings? As for Days it's just sad. They are depressing to say the least. I am happy that Y&R, B&B and ATWT seem to be holding on to their viewers. I too am curious to know how Passions is doing on DirecTV. It has been almost a month there must be some information.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For weeks, I've been saying DAYS has deserved the ratings it's been getting. After the mucho improved couple of days before last week's full week, I can say that they DO NOT deserve to be the lowest rated soap.

Of course people are going to say "blah blah blah it's too little too late" and crap like that, but the fact of the matter is DAYS has been moved from it's 1PM time slot to 2PM in many big markets in the US. Including NY (which announced the Martha timeslot change, but not the DAYS timeslot change).

I hope they rebound. They really deserve to be ranked higher.

• Members

I think Days' decline has a lot to do with the current state of NBC. In both primetime and daytime, NBC is doing horribly. Unlike CBS and ABC, NBC definitely isn't stable in any sense. I think somehow, that must be effecting Days. Also, NBC is mainly to blame for why Days is in the ratings state it's in. Soap ratings are terribly erratic these days.

Too bad OLTL and Days had to fall last week though.....:(

• Members

People who are happy DAYS fell again should be very careful. I think TPTB will wait till December, maybe February, and if the ratings stay low Corday will start a massive castcuts. I mean, it realy doesn´t make sense to pay all these popular and expensive actors when the show managed to have better ratings during summer when the full-of-newbies touch the sky storyline was in a full swing. Why even bother?

• Members

The reason for Days fall doesn't have anything to do with the quality of the show..The show was great last week with the big hostage situation with steve and stefano...Its the fact that NBC now only has one soap, and Days timeslots got changed...Hopefully John's accident will get people to tune in next week...Everyone should tell their friends to tune in next week for the big event....

• Members

I don't understand why people want to laugh at Days ratings. If you don't like Days that is fine, there are soaps that I don't really love at the moment, but we soap watchers as a whole should support each other and not hope for the downfall of one just because you don't like it. Look at the rest of the ratings, none of them are great, just remember at one point or another it could be your soap at the bottom of the list. How will you feel?

That being said, I am very surprised that Days fell-last week was pretty good. OLTL should really be better last week was on fire. AMC/GH not surprised they fell hopefully next week will be better. All the CBS shows were really good last week so I am glad they went up.

• Members

What people don't seem to get is it's not about 1 week.

If people have already tuned out:

1. How are they to know that last week was a good week?

2. Why would they care?

3. How can they know that it will remain?

It's about consistency.

DAYS has been consistently bad for years, not weeks or months. Years.

You have to allow time to adjust. Things don't happen automatically. The reason why the ratings weren't as bad when JER was writing was not that he was a better writer (because he's AWFUL), it's that the ratings hadn't yet adjust to the way things were. People still gave them a shot.

But, after years of people tuning out (and this has been happening since before Passions left), yes, the ratings did fall permanently.

Now, it's been a month since Passions has gone and DAYS switched times. People aren't dumb, I think in a month they can realize that the show is airing an hour later than it previously.

Now, the thing is, will it adjust back, or will it not? It's currently .2 below what it was when Passions last aired, which means 1 of 2 things, imo:

1. People just don't care any more.

2. People are just tired of the same ole same old.

However, 1 "good week" is not going to change things automatically. If you want to see if it was good enough, look at the ratings next week for this week. See if people decided to come back after the "good week."

Then look at the week after this and see if people decided to stay.

But, you have to allow for changes to happen, you can't expect things to be instantaneous.

• Members

Yeah...that's what we've been saying (especially me for the past couple of weeks if you go back into the archives and read it). We know one week won't change anything, but seeing as how they rose the week before, and that last week was another consistent week, it would have made sense for it to rise, not fall.

• Members

Lol, no malice here. I've been praying for the demise of the axis of evil at GH....Guza, Phelps, Korte, Wald, Tomson oh...and the big one, Brian Frons.

I can understand why you feel the way you do. I ain't begrudging you that!

:)

Archived