October 1-5, 2007

Toups

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually I do consider a 2.6 to be really considering how bad the rest of Daytime is doing I'm glad as long as GH is a step ahead of the rest just like Y&R.

As for sponsors and ABCD I think thats a good thing. Cuz clearly ABC has its own base of viewers that can be reached. They deserve it in my opinion. While I've never been a huge fan of AMC I do think OLTL and GH are doing pretty well right now so anything that helps them to do better business wise is a plus for me.

And yeah I don't think that "day" is coming but like I said if something bad happens to the show I'm not going to close my eyes to it. However I won't go around screaming "fire such and such" the first week it does happen.

• Members

What horrible numbers for ABC soaps. Sorry, but they have done it to themselves. Frons is destroying the soaps on that network. I think that if CBS continues to rise and ABC continues to decline, then Frons might lose his job. I wonder how much time Frons is going to give B&E on AMC. They have had enough time to make it their own and AMC has never been so bad. And judging by the recent spoilers, I wouldn't be surprised if AMC has a horrible November sweeps. Again, I am not so sure it is them but more likely Frons and Carruthers' vison of the show. I don't see AMC improving until Frons is gone. The show is doomed. It is going the way of Days.

And I am enjoy B&B right now! Glad to see it go up.

• Members

It's not one week, though. GH's ratings have fallen conistently since Feb. They've jumped here and there, but have never held a any rating for a two week strecth. It's not a fluke that they got the ratings they got this week, it's part of a pattern that Guza doesn't seem willing to break with GH. They had a 3.0 durin the MC Hostage crisis. And with in a week, a week, ratings were back down to like a 2.7, a week. This was a show that did what the fans wanted. That got it right and was finally letting the cast interact, etc. and rather then capitalize on that momentum, Guza went right back to the same ole same. And that's all he continues to do. GH is not holding steady, they haven't at all in the last 7 months.

Archived