ATWT Thursday September 27 Discussion

• Members

I hated the way she just suddenly, decided to try and be chummy with Carly, as if the past year hasn't happened. "Oh, Carly...I guess we are more alike than I'd care to admit..." WhattheFUCKever, Katie. Katie may not have just barged in, peed, and kissed Jack to mark her territory, (which showed a lot of restraint *sarcasm off*) but she's got all kinds of gall to show up at Carly's house AGAIN in the first place. ALL she had to do, was call Jack and tell him that Parker had suspicions about what was up. But no, once again, she takes the excuse to run over and check up on Jack, and make absitively 1000 percent sure that nothing was going on between Jack and Carly.

Katie may be "upset" about Carly's illness, but it seems like it's more about Jack's having to put Carly and the kids first, as opposed to her, than about Carly actually, y'know, DYING.

I did like that Jack brought up telling Rosanna and Gwen, and that Carly should let them support her for a change.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really liked today's show alot, finally we got some real tender moments between Luke and Noah, I agree with others though, it is starting to take on that rush kind of feeling, but still very nice close moments between them, and they looked like any other couple would look like so I say thank you to ATWT again for doing this storyline just like any other storyline would be done. I also loved the Carly/Jack/Parker scenes very well done. I kind of sort of liked the Dusty/Cheri ghost scenes it was kind of different so that was nice. I will say the actor playing Winston is great, but I am really hoping the writers have a trick up there sleeve and make Noah's Dad someone else other than Winston.

• Members

Carly's DYING...she just got out of the hospital, and Katie invited herself over. THAT's what's wrong with it. The last thing Carly should have to put up with is Katie, bopping over to tell her what she thinks the kids "need". If Katie wants to spread this b.s. about how "upset" she is about Carly's illness to those who will listen to her (aka, Henry, V and Brad) that's one thing. But to bring her butt-bustin' butt over to Carly's and offer up her spin on what, how and when Carly should tell her own kids, proves she's an insensitive twit. Jack disagreed with Carly, but he wasn't going to push it. Y'know, 'cause Carly's their mother. Katie was prepared to argue her point with a dying woman.

At LEAST she managed not to stick her tongue down Jack's throat as she did it. Point for Katie. *sarcasm off*

• Members

Well for starters she hasn't exactly been getting along with Carly. She's been rude to her at every turn lately. She just married Carly's ex husband who we all know including Katy that Carly still has feelings for and to top it all off Carly's trying to come to terms with the fact that she's dying. I'm not trying to be all against Katy here but she really should have just called Jack and told him. The thing I don't understand about Katy is she seems genuine when she tells Jack to go and help Carly. And I think she really feels for Carly....but then when Vienna comes over she whines about being left without a husband. Just really inconsistant. I also thought it was tacky the way she said that Carly was their mother but she would be their step mother for the rest of their lives. I know she might not have meant it that way but it really sounded horrible.

• Members

The reason why I don't like that they are rushing the NUKE storyline is this:

It's not going to be about them, when you really get down to it....Because of the setting, they have it being about Dusty, about Lily and about Holden; pure and simple, and they are just using the NUKE as a way to focus on their storyline.

I hate that, because they had so many opportunities to give Van a storyline solely for him without it turning into a way to bring Lily and Holden together, or to get folks to focus on Jade or to focus on Maddie, etc.

It would have been one thing for them to slowly have Col Mayer to seethe with hatred at what he doesn't like about his son; but because they are trying to focus on Dusty's near death, and Lily's involvement, they are jumping the gun, and having him all psycho way early.

• Members

Once again Katie is getting reamed for something stupid....

I am sorry but what else was she supposed to do? Parker already knew that something was wrong, he's not stupuid. I thought that Katie did everything right today as far as Parker goes. She told him it wasn't her place to go into detail with him about what was is going with his mom that was exactly what she should have done. As far as her telling him that she promised he would find out what was going on later in the day. What did Katie say there that was not true? Parker already knew they were going to find out today as he blatently both told Katie and Brad that he was supposed to find out this morning but never did. He told Brad that he was not going to school today until he found out, he also told Brad that he was supposed to know this morning but no one ever talked to him.

Katie was not lying to him she was being truthful with him and like I said Parker had already been told that he was going to find out today. I think that the reason Katie said that she promised he would know what was going on later is because she was going to/planned to talk to Jack and Carly and more or less tell them that they need to talk to him now because he already knows something is going on. I think that might have been Katies intentions when she said she promised he would know by the end of the day. Katie has the right and IMO should be telling Carly and Jack that Parker knows something is up and that they might want to talk to him about it. Parker knew what was going on with Carly was pretty bad I mean he outright said that much. All Katie was doing was letting Carly and Jack know just that. I would have done the same thing that Katie did. Personally I think what would have been wrong was if she didn't say anything to his parents. JMO

• Members

I'm forgetting about Katie at this moment when I post this.

I absolutely LOVED the scenes between Carly and Parker....Just his look alone said it all; "I've lost my father; my mother left; she returned, and now I'm going to lose her again." It was so heartbreaking;

Maura definitely needs to be counting her recent scenes as Emmy reel scenes...because these were off the charts; same goes for Michael Park.

• Members

That's how people are. It's very human. When someone dies or gets very ill like this, you tend to think about the good stuff and just let go of the trivial stupid stuff. Katie realizes how huge this is and being petty just seems so stupid to both ladies now.

I thought Katie was perfect today. She did everything right. And Jack was so sweet to have Vienna make that basket of goodies.

Loved all things Nuke, of course. Noah getting excited and calling Luke at the end was so sweet. I just wish it could have been left as a sweet moment instead of Col. Scary listening in.

SOOOOOOO happy there was no Meg/Paul crap today or Sofie/Cole.

• Members

One, I didn't say Katie shouldn't have talked to his parents, I'm objecting to the WAY she did it, intruding on Carly, when she had not ONE clue about how Carly was feeling, or what she might have been prepared to do that day. For all Katie knew, Carly was too emotionally devastated to do anything but curl up on the couch and cry. But now, thanks in part to Katie "promising" Parker he'd be told TODAY, Carly's hand was forced.

And two, I don't think reaming Katie about being insensitive is "stupid". If I see Katie's attitude as a huge freakin' coverup of her insecurities about Jack, that's my opinion.

• Members

I know Katie and Carly have had their fair share of problems. I can understand why people saw Katie popping by Carly's before as inappropriate. However, I think both Katie and Carly are trying to put their differences aside now for the benefit of the family they now have in common. I thought there was a noticeable shift in Carly's attitude toward Katie when she first started feeling sick. I think we started to see that same shift in Katie today now that she knows Carly is sick.

About Katie and Vienna, I didn't think she was whining about being without her husband. Vienna said she thought they'd have a honeymoon day or whatever. Katie said she'd need a husband for that. I didn't consider that whining though. She was just saying, IMO.

What I absolutely hated about that scene was Vienna asking Katie AGAIN if she thought it was a trick or something on Carly's part. Katie, once again, told her no. Then later, when Brad said what he did to her about Carly's ghost. I wanted to reach through the screen and smack the crap out of him. Between him and Vienna, I feel like Katie can't take one step in the right direction without them trying to drag her back too.

Katie made it clear today that being there for Jack and the kids while they are there for and with Carly is her first priority right now, yet Vienna and Brad tried to make everything about her marriage to Jack. That's the last thing Katie needs or wants to be worried about, IMO. I wish they'd both just shut it up already.

FWIW, I don't think Katie meant anything bad when she made that "the rest of their lives" comment, but I couldn't help cringing when she said it either.

• Members

The way I would have preferred the whole Noah/Luke story to go would have been so much better than what we're getting. Like an earlier poster said, we're pretty much getting the latest recurring character murderous villain when it comes to Winston. They don't plan to flesh that character out at all. We don't need to know why he's killing people and such and why he can't accept his son. We don't need that. What we need is a person to randomly come and torture/kill people, make things "exciting," and go away. Ahem. Les Sweeney, anyone? BJ Green? Eve Browning? Cleo Babbitt? Winston Mayer.

It saddens me to know that Cheri is Noah's mother. That would have been an EXCELLENT, EXCITING, WONDERFUL, INCREDIBLE twist. To introduce Cheri as Noah's only parent (father having died in the past) and have her be perfectly okay with her son being gay. It would have been a great contrast to Luke's coming out drama from last year to have Noah be the one in denial but have his mother be the one to make him realize that he has feelings for Luke (given that we were to actually see why Noah has feelings for Luke). Ugh. This story is just a mess now, it seems. It's only good for the random Noah/Luke scenes that we're getting now that we should have gotten months ago.

Archived