ATWT Thursday September 27 Discussion

• Members

They need to tone Vienna down a bit...Simply for the fact that they are using her in too many scenes to harp about what a happy marriage Katie should be having with Jack; Not saying it in the ways of being tired of hearing it; but it is becoming way too repetitive and said way too often during the course of a few days.

It's nice in some ways that Katie has a friend (Vienna) but a part of me wonders if she would have had a friend in Vienna if things were not peachy between Katie and Henry...

I said this on the radio show last night, and I'm going to say it here:

The friendship between Katie and Henry will forever be marred by all that went down with them in the past; They rarely acknowledge it; and at times when you see scenes with Henry and Katie, although they are good scenes, it just shows to me of all the things that messed up a great friendship.

The worst thing the writers did was ruin a rich friendship between the two of them; and no matter how much they shove Vienna up in there, whenever I watch scenes with Katie and Henry, it's always something lacking.

Now, I'm going to say this: The writers, instead of having them have Gwen focus and obsess/fixate on wanting another baby, and sticking her nose all up in Sophie and Cole's (boring and pathetic) lives, she should be there talking to her sister; in fact Rosanna could use a break from scheming with Paul about Craig, while keeping tabs on Meg, to be there with her sister....All that boring crap could be tossed out the window and actually have some quality sisterly written scenes between Maura, Jennifer and Cady.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When the actor playing Parker bowed his head and started to cry and MW reached out and touched his hair as if to say---- as Carly "it's alright" and as MW the actress-- "well done"; I almost lost it. That scene was so touching on both counts that it negated any and all that Katie had or hadn't done all day.

• Members

I like it that Katie and Vienna are friends. I only wish she didn't feed into Katie's insecurities as much as I think she does. She gives Katie reasons to worry, even when Katie is trying not too. It's that part of their relationship I don't like. If Katie isn't worried, I think Vienna should try to back her up on it, instead of saying things to the contrary to cause doubt and worry in Katie's mind.

I think it's possible that Vienna and Katie would have a friendship, even if Katie and Henry weren't still the best of friends. Vienna never had much use for Carly. If nothing else, I think the two of them would've bonded over the Simon/Carly thing eventually.

Katie helping Henry with his wedding to Vienna and then standing by his side after he walked out of it went a long way toward repairing the damage I think she did to their relationship with me. She can't ever make what happened up to him, but I think she's trying to be a better friend to him now. I loved what she said to him the day of the wedding. I really think the two of them are back on track now.

The scenes with Ro and Carly last week were priceless, IMO. I'd love to see more of them with all three sisters now.

• Members

Of course you did, Roger. But, no she didn't. I don't think any of the legitimate beefs Carly has with Katie were ever "petty". However, I don't think all of Katie's petty insecurities are going to drop, just because Carly's ill. If they were, Katie could have called Jack and told him about Parker's questions. But that's okay...I can wait for Katie's facade to crack.

If you read my post, you'd see I said Katie was only part of the reason Carly's hand was forced. The other part was Brad. But Brad kept trying to direct Parker's questions to Jack. Katie, trying out her new Stepmommy hat, "promised" Parker some action. NOT just that Jack would talk to him. See the difference? And no, I don't think just because Katie "married them too," has been "Mrs. Snyder" for a total of twelve hours, or spent "all that time" mothering Carly's children this spring, entitles her to a "vote" in how and when Carly tells her children about her illness.

• Members

Brad: "You know what? I'm -- I'm gonna drive you to school. Which is where Jack thinks you are. And when you get home, he'll give you all the answers you need."

And then with Katie:

Parker: Then what is it?

Katie: You absolutely deserve to know. I just -- I really don't think it's my place to tell you.

Parker: Well, I thought you were my friend.

Katie: I am. I am, Parker. And believe me, I understand that it's hard to wait. But you'll know everything today.

Parker: When today? Uncle brad said it would be this morning. And then, he said it would be after school --

Katie: By the end of today, Parker, you'll know the truth. You have my word.

Brad clearly told Parker he'd get the answers he needed from Jack when he got home from school. Does he get a pass just because he didn't give Parker his word, as Katie did?

Neither do I.

• Members

Well for one thing she should never have said you have my word. What if Jack and Carly decided to wait a day or two for Carly to get her bearings. Or what if she wanted to wait a while until she was ready. Then what. Then, by Katy giving her word, she would have been lying to Parker and that is not the way to start out that relationship. At least Brad said you will get your answers from Jack at the end of the day and left it up to Jack. By her giving her word, she opened up a whole different can of worms. Just my opinion.

• Members

I understand what you're saying about Katie giving her word before she knew they intended to tell him today. If they hadn't told Parker, it would've amounted to her lying to him. However, if Jack hadn't given Parker all the answers he needed when he got home from school, couldn't the same have been said of Brad?

Katie never told Parker she would tell him the truth if his parents didn't. In fact, she told him she didn't think it was his place to tell him. She did make him a promise he would be told by the end of the day. Brad didn't make any promises, but he did tell Parker he'd know the answers he needed today.

The only real difference I see between the two is that Katie told Carly and Jack what she told Parker. I don't know that Brad ever did.

• Members

You know all of them were in a really bad situation. And by all I mean Parker/Katy and Brad. So I know what your trying to say. Brad was trying to buy time and so was Katy. I just think everything she said was fine until she said you have my word. Only because it wasn't her word to give. But all around it was a bad situation. I'm feeling for all involved right now. However, Jack has me very confused. I just don't understand him at all. And I think he is probably really confused himself. He probably is thinking right now that all his stupid plans and denials are coming back to bite him in the ass. Because in the long run we all know he is going to be there for Carly, and not just as the mother of his children but of the woman he will always love. And Katy I'm sure is going to see this soon enough. And part of me feels sorry for all these people. Because they've all been in denial. I don't believe Katy really loves Jack either. I think he's just there. And convenient. They need to give Katy sometime alone and let her find herself without a man. That would be really refreshing. Hopefully, they don't rush her with Brad because I don't think that is fair to either one of them.

• Members

I think this being a confusing situation for all involved is something we can both definitely agree on Petunia. I don't envy the position any of them are in right now. They've all had a turbulent year. The kids are the ones I feel the worst for though. Aside from them, Carly and Katie get most of my sympathies. I can't even imagine how awful Carly must feel right now, but at the same time, I feel bad for Katie too.

I love Jack and Katie's relationship, so I'm hoping they'll make it through all of this. At the same time, I'm trying to be realistic about it and come to terms with the fact that it will most likely be Katie and Brad in the end. Like you, I'd much rather see Katie be alone for a while if and when her relationship with Jack ends, but from the way everyone keeps talking about her falling into Brad's arms for comfort while Jack is with Carly, I'd say the chances of that actually happening are slim to none. LOL.

• Members

Y'know, you proved my point. No, I'm NOT giving Brad a pass because he "didn't give his word as Katie did." I'm harping on Katie because she didn't have the right to PROMISE Parker anything other than that Jack would talk to him. She's not his parent, and she shouldn't have PROMISED anything without talking to his parents FIRST. Katie had no clue what Jack even thought about when the kids should be told, at least from what we heard. What if Jack had agreed with Carly---that the kids didn't need to be told for a couple of days? Then Katie's forced their hand, or they risk upsetting Parker even more by stalling. Now can you see where Katie's mouth may have landed them?

So, now can we just let it go for today? It's obvious we're not going to agree about anything concerning Katie.

• Members

Noah is so naive...but I can't blame him. He so desperately wants his fathers love that hes willing to overlook anything basically to keep his life happy. I feel so bad for the guy.

Kate was excellent in yesterdays episode. She did have a right as a step parent and more importantly as a FRIEND to promise Parker he would know the truth by the end of the day. Carly even admitted that Katie was right. And its clear that Parker had already made up his mind that the news was going to be very bad. I don't see how Katie could have handled it better than she did.

Parker had me bawling in tears right from the get go. Please give this kid an Emmy. Hes seriously doing better acting than a lot of actors both his age and even older.

Archived