ATWT Thursday September 27 Discussion

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ugh...y'know, the more Katie tries to do and say the right thing, the more fake it sounds. That's JMO, and I can even try to give Katie some credit for at least mouthing some half-assed apology for her actions of the last week, but somehow the news just doesn't really seemed to have phased Katie---Carly might as well have just shared that she's broke her arm or something. And I was thisclose to screaming at the thought Katie was going to spill everything to Parker.

Otherwise, I thought Maura was terrific today, as was Mike in the scenes with Carly (the wedding morning after with Katie....not so much...)

Groan...ghostDusty and ghostCheri? *eyeroll*

I was kind of unimpressed with the Nuke/Winston stuff. Cliche is the word that comes to mind. And I've got a little problem with Noah suddenly being "out and proud", when like two days ago, (or whenever) he was still trying to get Maddie to resume their relationship. I can understand it would be a relief to not have to hide anymore, but all that conflict doesn't just "evaporate" overnight.

• Members
I was kind of unimpressed with the Nuke/Winston stuff. Cliche is the word that comes to mind. And I've got a little problem with Noah suddenly being "out and proud", when like two days ago, (or whenever) he was still trying to get Maddie to resume their relationship. I can understand it would be a relief to not have to hide anymore, but all that conflict doesn't just "evaporate" overnight.

Again, I feel like this whole story took a turn it never should have taken - making Winston a killing sociopath now rushes this story to a very "soapy" (and I mean that in a bad way in this context) finish, where the bad guy gets whats coming to him and when the dust settles, we're on to the next dayplayer bad guy. I would have much preferred seeing Noah grappling with being out and in a relationship while still struggling with his father not loving him, and his father learning how to come to terms with his son being gay. Now we've got another Maddie/Eve situation on our hands, building to some cheesy showdown, and Winston (like Eve) will be a footnote a month from now. there are way too many emotional beats missing in this story now, which is a shame, since it got off to such a great start.

• Members
Again, I feel like this whole story took a turn it never should have taken - making Winston a killing sociopath now rushes this story to a very "soapy" (and I mean that in a bad way in this context) finish, where the bad guy gets whats coming to him and when the dust settles, we're on to the next dayplayer bad guy.

I totally agree...Winston being some psychopath is a total cop out. Once again, TIIC are sacrificing some short term "thrill" for a longer, more satisfying story. Even if Winston never accepted his Noah's sexuality, that's a conflict that can always be played out. This crap about Noah needing Winston because "he's the only family I have" when we were introduced to a Noah who went out of his way to avoid Winston, just seems fake.

And yeah...Katie will sprout wings any day now, won't she? :rolleyes: I hope this "I can't be mad at Carly" stuff eats away at her teeny, tiny little soul. :D

• Members
Just going to say this:

Pay attention to the Carly/Katie scenes and how they are talking to one another...and discuss your thoughts on that.

That's all I'm saying for right now.

Will be back to dish with all you FAN-TAB-ULOUS ATWT viewers later today ;)

If you're going to tell us that Carly and Katie become friends again and both of them dump Jack, I'd rather NOT know. LOL.

I thought their scenes together were good today, actually. I noticed a difference in them, even though I hadn't read your post.

• Members

I dislike Katie more everytime she appears on my screen. That remark she made " I know Carly's their mom, but I'm going to be their step-mom for the rest of their life" What a witch. When she walked in and kissed Jack, she might as well have peed around him,marking her territory. I can't stand that fluffy headed twit.

• Members
When she walked in and kissed Jack, she might as well have peed around him,marking her territory.

She didn't walk in and kiss Jack. He got up off the couch when she came in and went to stand next to her, but they didn't kiss. They kissed each other on the cheek once on the porch and once when Katie was leaving. That's it.

• Members
She didn't walk in and kiss Jack. He got up off the couch when she came in and went to stand next to her, but they didn't kiss. They kissed each other on the cheek once on the porch and once when Katie was leaving. That's it.

Your right, I rewound my tape and watched again, I could have sworn she walked in and when he stood up she kissed him on the cheek. I apologize,my bad.--------- But I still can't stand the witch.

Archived