ATWT Thursday September 27 Discussion

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ugh...y'know, the more Katie tries to do and say the right thing, the more fake it sounds. That's JMO, and I can even try to give Katie some credit for at least mouthing some half-assed apology for her actions of the last week, but somehow the news just doesn't really seemed to have phased Katie---Carly might as well have just shared that she's broke her arm or something. And I was thisclose to screaming at the thought Katie was going to spill everything to Parker.

Otherwise, I thought Maura was terrific today, as was Mike in the scenes with Carly (the wedding morning after with Katie....not so much...)

Groan...ghostDusty and ghostCheri? *eyeroll*

I was kind of unimpressed with the Nuke/Winston stuff. Cliche is the word that comes to mind. And I've got a little problem with Noah suddenly being "out and proud", when like two days ago, (or whenever) he was still trying to get Maddie to resume their relationship. I can understand it would be a relief to not have to hide anymore, but all that conflict doesn't just "evaporate" overnight.

• Members

Again, I feel like this whole story took a turn it never should have taken - making Winston a killing sociopath now rushes this story to a very "soapy" (and I mean that in a bad way in this context) finish, where the bad guy gets whats coming to him and when the dust settles, we're on to the next dayplayer bad guy. I would have much preferred seeing Noah grappling with being out and in a relationship while still struggling with his father not loving him, and his father learning how to come to terms with his son being gay. Now we've got another Maddie/Eve situation on our hands, building to some cheesy showdown, and Winston (like Eve) will be a footnote a month from now. there are way too many emotional beats missing in this story now, which is a shame, since it got off to such a great start.

• Members

I totally agree...Winston being some psychopath is a total cop out. Once again, TIIC are sacrificing some short term "thrill" for a longer, more satisfying story. Even if Winston never accepted his Noah's sexuality, that's a conflict that can always be played out. This crap about Noah needing Winston because "he's the only family I have" when we were introduced to a Noah who went out of his way to avoid Winston, just seems fake.

And yeah...Katie will sprout wings any day now, won't she? :rolleyes: I hope this "I can't be mad at Carly" stuff eats away at her teeny, tiny little soul. :D

• Members

If you're going to tell us that Carly and Katie become friends again and both of them dump Jack, I'd rather NOT know. LOL.

I thought their scenes together were good today, actually. I noticed a difference in them, even though I hadn't read your post.

• Members

I dislike Katie more everytime she appears on my screen. That remark she made " I know Carly's their mom, but I'm going to be their step-mom for the rest of their life" What a witch. When she walked in and kissed Jack, she might as well have peed around him,marking her territory. I can't stand that fluffy headed twit.

Archived