OLTL: Debating Ron Carlivati & The Show

• Members

I do not think Frons has much choice in that matter. He knows ABC Daytime is a sinking ship & he is letting the HW/EPs do their jobs..for now at least. If OLTL's average for February 2007 were at least 200,000 viewers higher, Higley would still be credited as HW. Either increase the ratings or be fired, and Frons "loves" his job.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OLTL is insanely brilliant right now, but I've learned not to judge a headwriter by their early months. I was LML's biggest fans last year and now I look like an idiot because of it. Just about every new headwriter (except idiots B&E) tell fans and give them what they want initially. I want to see in six months if Carlivati is still using the vets, not telling ridiculous stories and filling the canvas with talentless newbies.

Don't forget Dena Higley started off good as well, she even was Emmy nominated! Also ironic is the fact that her first big story was centered around Nora, we even got the return of Rachel! Then when it was over we barely saw Nora for two years.

I'm hopeful RC will turn out better than her, but I'm going to wait before I firmly decide he's right for OLTL. Right now he's doing an amazing job, we'll just have to see how he maintains it.

• Members

Okay.... first of Ra, Ru, Rwhatever... srsly, these little i wanna be a soap opera magazine writer articles are a bit much. but whatever, it ameks this MB fun,e sp when im at work all night with nothing to do...

secondly, as for OLTL... i watched this show when i was about 13. However i watched old tapes of Ryan Phillippe as Billie Dougless. After that i decided to checkout OLTL current, since i was already watching GH and Days (maybe AW if it was still on the air at the time). Well the show was okay, at times great. nothing special IMO. I have actually never been hooked on OLTL but it was decent. and when all other soaps sucked, OLTL was still okay.

so now getting to my point... DH did more damage to OLTL than she did to Days, and thats alot of damage. RC has been wrapping her storys up and setting his out own to start up. there was now ay he could on and BAM! oltl is amazing and great. not in the state it was in anyways. I do think he is working hard to make this show great again. So why dont give him some time... and IMO 4 motnhs isnt enough. Lets give him a year.

• Members

I'm sorry, but if your overzealous attempt at Maxie Jones and Logan Hayes dialog is any indication, I'd rather deal with Carlivati's work. :rolleyes:

I tape all three shows (I watch AMC/GH, my mom watches AMC/OLTL) and usually I FF past OLTL to get to GH. But lately, I've found myself not being so quick to fast forward and actually watching the show and getting into it. Making Carolyn Culliton script editor was a good decision, too. I like her dialog.

• Members

Well, I enjoyed my Maxie, Logan & Georgie script. That was just one of many scripts I have written. Please let me read your scripts, R Sinclair. Your criticism has intrigued me. Am I worse than Rebecca Taylor? Courtney Bugler? Joanna Cohen? Tracey Ann Kelly? Lynn Martin? Mark Christopher? Lynsey DuFour? Craig Heller? Marina Alburger? Vincent Lechowick? Tita Bell? Marla Kanelos?

Too bad Annie Wersching left GH because it would be great to write for the amazing Amelia Joffe. Is that woman amazing or what? She was very good on Journeyman.

Culliton is mainly the script editor. Looks like Page will be writing about five episodes per month.

• Members

My opinion (and I can't believe I'm engaging with you) is that it had a twinge of being all over the place like Bugler (I still don't understand what the point of the Maxie/Logan conversation was) and Maxie's lines were obnoxiously obvious -- trying hard to be witty, btchy and snarky like Beall.

I only watch ABC shows, so Lechowick, Bell, Martin, Kelly DuFour and Alburger mean nothing to me.

Maxie (pulls out a mirror and lip gloss out of her purse to use): If I ever needed a shrink, I'll look one up in the phone book. Besides, telephone operators will forever be employed.

That made me shudder.

Archived