OLTL: Debating Ron Carlivati & The Show

• Members

True fans have left daytime, and most of them ain't returning. Why hasn't GL surpassed Y&R? Why can't GH give B&B a run for its money? Why is OLTL reaching record lows every month since September? Why has DOOL lost the most viewers since 2003? I guess the better question would be: Why dont people care about daytime anymore?

What is best for daytime? Optimism or realism?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

because in daytime its all about being loyal to your show. fact is Y&R has had the most people watching for like 20 years, and yes a lot of quit but a lot still do. my grandma for one watchs - and she hates it - why? because shes done it forever, shes not gonna stop now. GL has no chance of passing YR, so thats a stupid q. GH has given BB a run for it in the recent past. but GH cant hold there sweeps audiance. Days sucks - and has for 8 years. people dont care anymore because of cable, hbo, the internet, busy lifes, going out, working, other things - and daytime sucks. why should they care?

as for whats best for daytime. nither of those is - whats best is change.

• Members

Jay Jay Jay....put that thinking cap back on and see the lame pattern. It swoops in every now and then, posts threads that deliberately piss others off, and then leaves for maybe a day or two (I wonder if that life is a whirlwind! LOL) but it does manage to have the time to respond to all the posts that have been written! I am tired of being pessimistic and all but I, like you, am sick of this little agenda. Is it possible for someone to be this boring and predictable? Well I guess so

And I can almost guarantee you that half the stuff is copied somewhere, you know like from the obituaries or those opinion columns. After "reading" about two or three of them, it became clear to me. What a whirlwind, huh? :P

• Members

Ru, you don't get it. People do care about realism and they do care about daytime. They just don't agree with you about One Life to Live. You can do all of the above and still appreciate OLTL, whether you like it or not.

All of ABC has dropped in the last few months. OLTL is by far the best show on it and while it is not perfect, a lot of people in the audience seem to have responded to it positively.

If you don't like it, don't watch it, but you need to give up on this thread in which you campaign for you and/or a certain someone to get the job. It's not a "debate" thread, it's you haranguing about One Life to Live and why you can't get the writer of your choice, whether that is you, or a certain someone, or one and the same. You're transparent, and you're boring. You're far more boring than OLTL. Please stop. Stop trying to create more "questions" to prolong your dumb thread which was never about any of us and all about you. Have some dignity.

BTW, any writer as predictable as you will never be hired for the soaps. They already have enough people there doing your particular job.

• Members

Yep that too! I try hard not to be THAT pessimistic in my life and if I ever am I always tell friends and family to knock me upside the head with a brick and get me back to reality :)

I wonder if Ru will now start a thread complaining about my lack of manners and not being a gentleman. Because trust me, there is not one gentleman like bone in my body. Tuffy the dog next door is more of a gentleman than me. And I am not exaggerating :)

Archived