DAYS: Another Shock Uncasting Rumor

Evan

• Members

Wow!! Awesome to see someone just type the truth and put it out there.

I've been soi busy this week, so I've grazed the board and nothing more. I came home from work tonight and headed straight here to see whats new.

Deidre is a daytime dynamo. She's and icon, who is forever linked to this character and this show. I'm not saying that she "is" Days, or that Days couldn't make it without her. I am saying that Days could probably dispose of any other actor it wanted, but Deidre Hall leaving would have the biggest impact on how longtime viewers, loose viewers, and fallen away viewers percieve the show. It would be HARSH folks. Deidre being off daytime would also have an effect on the industry. She's a soap star. She's a person you can mention to an average individual and they will know who she is.

RIGHT NOW, Days is fighting for it's life. I THINK DEIDRE COULD CARRY HER OWN STORYLINE WITHOUT DRAKE!!!!

WHY?? Because she did it for years before she was paired with him. Those of us who remember Roman and Marlena (ala Wayne N) can say that they were and amazing, realistic couple before they were torn apart in the 90's. They did such great family drama working together. They did warm scenes in such a convincing way, and did romance without gasping and moaning every two seconds.

Drake is important, but I'd rather see him go than Dee. I just can't even put them on trhe same plane of importance. It's NOTHING personal against Drake. I do like him. I just think if the show does get rid of one of them, it should be Drake. AND, if the show does git rid of one, why get rid of both. WHY do both have to go? Because a few ravenous J&M fans can't seperate the two, the show will axe it's Marquee star and possibly nail the last one in the coffin.

Thats what may happen if the cultic fan base gets it's way. Because they can't see John and Marlena apart, the show will just do away with both and give them a Jack and Jenn ending.

Getting rid of Dee would be past stupid. I'm sorry. That would be so stupid. I don't know if Days will make it past 2009, but I do know that getting rid of Dee doesn't help the shows chances at all.

Of course, it's all rumor.

But I think Drakes out. I really think Drake is out. The handwriting is on the wall folks, and he's going in Nov. at the earliest, possibly Feb 08 at the latest. And TPTB may want top give J&M fans a happy ending. Thats what I'm afraid of.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Who says that Melody Thomas Scott will stay on Y&R when her contract expires. I bet she's majorily pissed that her husband was fired. I think Melody could fit in on DAYS. Melody might be good as Kristen Blake, Kimberly Brady, or another character from the past.

Exactly, I'm gonna do some major wishing and hoping. I hope DAYS at least beats the very horrible, pitiful AMC in the ratings and stays ahead of it for some time. DAYS is byfar the better show. AMC used to be great but for about the last 3 years (and this year ESPECIALLY), AMC really is one horrible show thanks to the Powers That Be!

• Members

Honestly I don't see Days beating any soaps but GL and Passions in the ratings(and GL is iffy at best)

Right now Days can't IMO afford to kill of any major characters. They have renewed hopes for the show? Then why the hell kill off a popular character? That's just idiotic. I guess that's why they're called TIIC :rolleyes:

• Members

I'm mainly concerned with how the ratings will look once DAYS settles in random new timeslots across the country once PASSIONS finishes its NBC run. People have said for ages that DAYS carried PASSIONS, and to some degree, I believe that to be true. But with NBC's most talked about soap leaving the network to go to DIRECTV(most-talked about outside of the industry via THE SOUP and BEST WEEK EVER, among other outlets), I'd expect for some of those joint DAYS/PASSIONS fans to leave with it. If DAYS drops once PASSIONS leaves, DAYS is so done for.

And if DAYS drops, the last thing they need to do is to fire Drake and Dee at/around the same time.

• Members

ICAM and watched before John or Roman. IF Days lets John go but gives Marlena decent storylines (not a prop) the ratings might go up. I seriously see this fanbase as being one of the reasons the ratings have been low -- they're big and they're loyal. It's been sad John and Marlena haven't been given much time, but if there's been conflict it makes sense. A lot of fans might be po'd if John leaves, but many more will start watching again / keep watching if Marlena is given good material. Could make all the difference in the world to the show (and ratings).

• Members

I'm glad this rumor about Deirdre Hall has been debunked. DAYS would be incredibly foolish to fire her. As for Drake/John, THAT I can see happening. However, with Ed Scott coming on board so recently I think a lot of things are up in the air right now. It's quite possible there is a script with John dying, but it could be changed. I wouldn't trust any long term spoilers right now.

Archived