DAYS: Another Shock Uncasting Rumor

Evan

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I knew this was going to happen. When Hogan was at ATWT he had one great year writing for most of the vets. The next couple of years all the vets went poof except for CZP. He didnt use any of them. I've seen bits and pieces of Days and the vets reading those letters has been very boring to say the least.

• Members

To be fair, I don't think the poor ratings for DAYS has anything to do with the backburnering of Dee and Drake; it's the boring stories we have had to deal with in the last year. Other than Susan Flannary as Stephanie and Katherine Kelly Lang as Brooke on B&B, who haved driven tons of stories on that show for years, I think a show can survive losing any major character, no matter how popular the performer is. Back in 1987, we lost Bo, Hope, and Marlena all at the same time, but the show still thrived. But then again, they had newer characters and well written stories to take their place.

• Members

Exactly. The stories weren't up to par. They lacked intensity and energy. Last week was the first week since June that I felt things were amped up again. Hopefully, it continues.

As for Dee, she isn't going anywhere unless it's her choice and I don't see that happening. I think this is just yet another traditional Labor Day hoax, something Days has a history of.

• Members

I will buy the paycut part. I heard awhile ago somewhere she did take one last year before she signed her new deal but I can see them asking her again with the ratings they way they are.

I do feel something is fishy in regards to this rumor. The paycut part could be used as a way of making excuses if this turns out to be not true as the source can say that Dee took a cut or whatever. We'll see.

• Members

Yep. I think she will take another cut. She said she would be there until the end and there is a good relationship on both sides as far as business and personal experience goes. Dee may not have a story but Days gives her all the benefits she has earned as far as vacation and so on. I think Dee is staying. I just can't see her quiting or being fired.

• Members

I have to share this with you. The source for this scoop is full of crapola. Why do I say this? Because I know someone, maybe it's my evil twin perhaps, who posted speculation on that site. I won't say what subject it was on because I don't want to get banned from the site. But a few hours later, the gist of my post was obviously copied and cited as a reason as to why a certain soap would be cutting two very popular actors. I know I don't need to elaborate on what soap I'm referring to since I'm writing this in the Days thread. Needless to say, when I saw what I said pretty much copied, I almost fell out of my chair! Seriously! I'm a soap fan who guesses, that's it. I get my info from this site and couple others, plus I'm a big fan of guessing. If they are culling info from posters like me, then they are in sad shape and need to advertise on Craig's List for better source. Sheez, they are better off consulting with Miss Cleo TV psychic for soap scoops.

Any fool could guess that Drake might be on the way out based on the material he's been given. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. But Deidre, nah, I ain't buying that one. I'm not buying anything from now on unless it's confirmed by a bonfide source, not some freakin' "birdie." Oh puleeze!

Archived