AMC: Friday

• Members

I still remember the julia from the 90's when her character was actually popular and not as boring as she is written now, I think if they write julia better she would a better friend for kendall. So I can never really see her as boring, I just see writers that don't know how to write properly for her. She used to be Kendall's nemesis before greens.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Caught up with my tapes -- and I am very, very pleased with what Jim & Barbara accomplished this past week.

Nice to see some genuine light heartedness and HUMOR on this show, which was hugely lacking during Megan McTavish's era.

And yup - a big fat KUDOS to Karen Lewis and Amanda Beall, two of my most favorite writers, for penning the Thurs. and Fri. shows. They were spectacular.

• Members

So Slyph....this is for your most recent post:

And WHAT exactly were you trying to prove here?

Please post about FRIDAY'S AMC episode in the Friday's episode THREAD. That way, you wouldn't sound like an idiot saying this show is boring when in fact it was one of the best episodes of the month.

;)

• Members

I just find it hypocritical of people (no one in particular) to complain about what they want to see, what is lacking on present-day soaps. Then when they finally get it, even if for a day, they can't seem to enjoy it or be happy. Also, why come into a thread and not back up reasons as to why you feel a certain way that is obviously 100% different than most everyone else?

Plus I've just been really moody lately...lol

• Members

I wasn't going to weigh in on this petty fight (because it is indeed petty, and I also didn't have time to have my opinion be discounted because I hate Beall), but since it's getting to be ATTACK PEOPLE WHO THINK DIFFERENTLY THAN THE MAJORITY up in here... :rolleyes:

People have their own ideas on how they want their favorite characters on their shows to be showcased, and sometimes they vary. You may think using vets in the way it was done on Thursday and Friday was great and vintage and everything else. But someone may think using vets means actually giving them a storyline so we can see something happening in their lives. Not just "remember when this happened twenty years ago when my character actually had a storyline?"

Plus, let's face it. We've lost a LOT of veteran characters/actors during the shitfest that was Carruthers & McTavish.

John/Edmund

Eva/Maria

Cady/Dixie

Julia/Brooke

Vincent/David

So, for me, an episode where Opal's best gal pals with the Carey Girls, and Lee MerriRuth is doing nothing but remembering history established by Mary Fickett doesn't count as this fantastic, vintage, classic AMC feel.

Give them STORY! Give them something to DO! It doesn't have to be front burner, 4-Days a week, A-story material, even though it could be. But at least something to show that they have lives too outside of propping up the main story.

We all have different reasons for watching this show so naturally we all have different expectations. Speaking for myself, yeah, I'd love to see more family oriented, character-driven, multi-generational storytelling on All My Children... but I also want movement, something to make me want to tune in the next day. Not just people sitting around in a bar co-owned by the two women I despise most on this show talking in the most expository way... about a character whose like factor (Tad) has dropped incredibly with me (I love MEK, but I'm still not onboard with all of this Tad the Hero garbage after Tad's last year and some change).

Also, the past two days for me would've been better if B&E and Dumb Beall incorporated flashbacks. Just sitting there talking about history is okay, but showing vintage clips of Tad would've been better -- but, no. We only incorporate flashbacks of three people reminiscing viciously beating each other up with tinkly music playing over the top.

Weird. :unsure:

HA! No shit!

• Members

This has really started to go way too off-topic. And just because you're moody, you can insult everyone who crosses your way? I'm not gonna lower myself and reply to your insult with an insult... I'm really not going to. RSinclair said everything that had to be said, nothing to add...

:rolleyes::lol:

• Members

I don't think anyone said it wasn't good to see the vets or that it wasn't cool that B&E put them on screen. I think the point is, that it was just a drive by, flash in the pan, one day thing. It was like, 'see, they're still alive" kinda of thing. Give them a storyline. Give them something to do. Something that utilizes their histories and talents. I didn't see it, but it sounds like while it was probably fun to see them, they were doing and telling us things we already know.

I personally wouldn't thank B&E for that. Yes it was nice. And yes it was different then what the Trashbag did, but really until B&E give them a story then it's IMO, nothing to write home about.

But as we all know, I'm not watching. I don't know anything outside of Erica and those connected to her. And that's all I watched for 12 years. LMFAO So yeah, don't listen to me. I don't give a [!@#$%^&*] about AMC, and I hope it gets cancelled next year. :rolleyes:

• Members

Well Why don't people understand that this is somewhat a step up!

Why can't you guys just lay back and enjoy an episode with VETS!

What I would like them to do is to bring back Brooke, David, Maria, Dixie(even tho its too late),Liza,Reggie,Dinalle and put Lee, Jill, and Jennifer back on contracts instead or recurring. But I will enjoy the episodes if our VETS are on. It was so refreshing to watch VETS.

• Members

Why is it a step up? Because B&E put them on screen? Because B&E let Erica reemember that she and Opal were friends? That's nice. But that's not something that should need to be done. We shouldn't have to "ooooooo and awwwww" because the vets remember each other. It's nice they put them on for the day. It's nice that B&E took them from the backburner cafe and let them come out and play for the day. And it might be a sign of things to come, but we don't know that yet. So while I think it's showing potential from B&E that they put the vets on and let them interact in what sounds like was in character, I don't think it's anything yet to prove that thngs are changing. When one of those vets gets more then one day of air time, and gets to do something new and interact in current storylines that they're a part of....is the day I might be willing to find my way back to watching AMC.

I'm sorry that I want my little sister to be able to fall in love with the AMC that I did. I'm sorry that I want AMC to be a show she can be proud to call herself a fan off. I'm sorry that I have high standards and want AMC to live up to them agian. I want my sister, and maybe one day my kids (if AMC goes that long) to know why I loved this show. Why it was and is still so much a part of my life. If that makes me a bad person and hater, so be it. But I refuse to watch AMC, until it sounds like it's truly on the way to being the show I knew it to be before Megan ripped its soul a way. I'm never going to forgive them for Josh, and I will never feel the same way about the show because of him, but if AMC can find its way out of the darkness Megan left behind, then my heart might be able to heal enough to love this show compeltely again. I want that, more then anything.

So yeah, I'll take my AMC hating self, and go now.

• Members

Well B&E had them talking. Erica blowing a kiss to Opal, Ruth/Opal finding the years of Tad's pictures and having all the VETS together and interacting with each other. I loved that and it made me feel speical because thats the AMC i fell in love with. Yes our VETS are not on that much but what did Megan McT do? Did she use them. She did not use Mirian, she let go of all our VETS that we loved. B&E are trying to make an effort. I do see improvment of AMC. Everyone is looking at the negatives and not looking at the postives.

Why do you guys always critizies. I always look st the good thing. Yes AMC is still a mess but I will give B&E their chance because they say they want to use VETS and they want to make an effort to change. When they came to AMC the show was a mess because of McT. McT did not make things easy for B&E.

When VETS are on take. I sure I did. I love our VETS together and talking and hanging together. It feels so good to watch that. I am gonna take that but alot fo you will not.

The only way that we will get our "old" AMC back is if we get Nixion and Brodrick back. So why don't you try and get them back.

• Members

I completely disagree that the only way that we're going to get the old AMC back is to get AN or Brodrick back. That's IMO, a way to excuse B&E and just eat up what they do, do. Any writer could bring AMC back to it's glory. Heck, half the AMC Fic writers out there, can do it. They just choose not to. They choose to listen to Frons, or believe they know what's best, what we want to see, etc. AMC isn't unfixable, but the people who have the power to fix it, don't seem to be willing to do so, or to do so now. The longer AMC goes without a sense of steady improvement, the deeper the hole is that they're digging themselves into. B&E seem to want to fix AMC. They seem to want to restore it to its glory, but from the way things sound, and things I've read and heard from others, they don't seem to be accomplishing that...yet. The ratings are still in the hole. The fans that MMT drove away have yet to stick around for any amount of time that can make a markeable difference. It's not all flowers and candy at AMC, but it could be. And it might be. We just have to have people willing to let things like the Vets on Friday happen much more often.

I'd like to know when critizing became a sign of hate? As far as I've always known, you can critize something or someone you love and sitll love the hell out of them. And I'm not going to apologize for having high standards for AMC. I'm not going to apologize for not seeing something like the Vets being paraded out for a day as a sign of greatness. Things like Friday shouldn't be something we have to be happy we saw, because we don't if/when we'll see it again. Things like the vets on Friday should be and used to be a part of vintage AMC. Until they are, I think it's perfectly fair to critize.

• Members

I am not saying you can critize but why so much? Is it going to make you feel better. You are not that one writing the show.

I totally agree with you Kylie. Thursday and Fridays episode should be on at least 4 times a week. B&E right now are doing a decent job. They are not doing great.

The way Agnes Nixion and Lorrian Brodrick and heck even Megan McTavish wroste for AMC in the early 1990's is what I want.

B&E need to go back and get back all the VETS we lost. Vicent will not be coming back anytime soon because he is on the Y&R. We lost Cady. She will be sticking around ATWT. We lost all these talented VETS!! B&E need to do something to get back viewers and to make people like yo uhappy. ;)

I am going to give B&E and chance. It has only been a month and a week. I do balance. Joe was on more then Babe this month :) but I want to see Erica/Jackson/Tad/Adam/Stuart/Opal/Mirian/Ruth/Joe/Palmer/Mrytal in the top 10 more often.

Archived