AMC: Friday

• Members

Agian its not about Quanity its about Quality.

Last year GL hit new lows but still it was good.

Why are you guys going to keep saying When will AMC be good? If you look at AMC now compared to last year I think it 10 times better. So their is improvements going on.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Doesn't a quality show bring in more veiwers? Usually when a soap is good and a story is compelling or interesting people tune in. People are tuning out in droves and we are starting to get lower and lower and closer and closer to the 1.9's. I think that tells us everything we need to know...

• Members

Some may never be satisfied, and others are willing to just drink the kool aid and ride the B&E love train. Each to their own. I perfer to never be completely satisfied or truly content with medicority. But that's my choice.

Whatever. This whole thing is so lame. We're all obviously on the same side. So what the hell is the problem?

• Members

Just food for thought: Name me a soap that isn't mediocre? The whole genre is mediocre at best.

Even Y&R the #1 soap, really isn't that great, and even fans of that show are saying LML is the new McTavish.

See that's what I mean, I'm sick of some acting like there's something wrong if some of us like B&E's work. "drinking the kool aid" is an example of that and it pisses me off.

B&E may not be everyone's cup of tea, but right now they're a step above McTavish.

Anyways, Friday's show, I'm still rolling over Colby's reaction to Tad & Liza having slept together :lol:

• Members

Just as it's been implied and this and other threads that those of us who dare to think B&E are anything less then gods, or want to see more from them, are "haters".

Goes both ways.

If people like AMC this way, and are happy with the quality of B&E's wirting and their story telling, then the ratings will start to reflect. They dont right now. So I think critisim is more then valid.

• Members

I agree B&E are a step ip from McTavish! :angry: Y&R agian is #1 but everyone is complaing. Why is it different with AMC. All the soaps sucks. Even B&B the "bhest" soap right now hit a new low like 2 weeks ago. It just proves that every soaps sucks.

I love Colby. :wub:

• Members

OMG! Where do all these people get off? :rolleyes:

If you're part of the fan club that thought Thursday and Friday were great -- then that, too, is GREAT! As I've said before, but apparently wasted my keystrokes, YOUR EXPECTATIONS ARE NOT EVERYONE'S EXPECTATIONS!

We all have different reasons for watching a show. Deal with it. If you all, who are scolding and chastising others, weren't satisfied and wanted to see what YOU enjoyed and haven't yet -- don't you have a right to vocalize your complaints? Don't you have a right, as a long time viewer, to express what YOU'D like to see.

This dumb vibe in this whole thread of "WE'RE HAPPY, SO WHY DON'T YOU ALL JUST SHUT THE HELL UP" is weak. Fantastic. You got what you want. Vets just plugged in with no real stories of their own. FABULOUS! Now, can we get what we want, too, please? Do we have your permission? :rolleyes:

Like Kylie said, we're all on the same side. But I'm just not going to say "oh, well, the whole genre is mediocre, so I guess I'll just accept my show following suit."

Hell to the naw! I want AMC to be appointment television again. I want AMC to win bundles of WGA, DGA and Emmy Awards. I want AMC to set the standard -- making daytime television a force to be reckoned with. I want to experience the days when people who didn't even watch soaps knew who Erica Kane and Luke & Laura were. In short, I want the BEST for this show and I deserve to get the BEST for this show having watched over the last 18 years and having been a part of the last GOOD period which was the early to mid 1990's.

• Members

I agree, I do want the show to get back to it's former glory. So far it seems off to a somewhat good start, there are moments I hate B&E's work, and moment's I love their work.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone, but this does go both ways. I don't want to be made to feel like I'm stupid for liking B&E's work and thinking the show is good. You don't think that the show is good, more power to ya, but those of us who enjoy should be able to feel that way without feeling like we're doing something wrong.

At least that's how I feel, can't speak for anyone else.

Anyways I'm done with this. Back to talking about AMC friday. How hawt was MEK in those pics. Wowza

• Members

Big Freakin Word!

I went back and read this thread and really, some of the attitudes are uncalled for. No one should be made to feel bad for disagreeing with the "majority" opinion. That's not what SON is about. We all feel passionately one way or the other about AMC.

I also agree that it's too soon to be singing the praise for B&E bringing out the vets for their airtime. One day isn't gonna fix anything. One day isn't going to bring back the viewers who liked them. Maybe this is the start of something good, maybe it's not. But either way, the vets need to be a fixture on the show, and not have ONE FREAKIN STORY dominate airtime for over a month and a half.

I will say it was nice to see the vets though. I wish we could see them more often....

Archived