Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Uh, the Australian Open is now charging for practice matches? It’s over folks. Tennis has truly crossed that boundary.

I am being told that this is for charity? 

For TA, or is this a back door way to test the fans’ tolerance for paying for these types of practice sessions?

• Members

I mean - it's the AO.  I hate to be one of those droning people, but.  There's a reason Margaret Court won so many.  Not everyone has EVER gone down there to play.  Ever.  Year in and year out, someone or several BIG players are not there. In Court's era, literally no one was there in a lot of years.   It's probably the most under-attended Slam by the players themselves and always has been.  In recent years, I don't know what it is...it's almost like when the Slams are over in September (US Open), players just don't recover after the year end championships, then a Holiday break, etc.  

• Members

It’s the reason why the tournament had to build so many amenities in order to entice most of the players to fly 16-20 hours to get there. Now, in the era of multiple revenue streams where the most popular players can make more just in endorsements alone, AO may have to come up with a new way to attract the popular players.

• Members

If someone already posted, apologies.  Naomi got the preggers so I think that'll be it for her.  Naomi Osaka Announces She's Pregnant, Expecting First Child With Cordae (tmz.com)  Nothin' like helpin out your own mental health like gettin' a bun in the oven.  Hopefully they get it together because if not, that child will have more issues than a Vogue archive.  But, she does have a slew of tennis Moms to lean on for advice, like Serena, Lindsay, Kim Clijsters, tons of others....

Edited by Fevuh