Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The Djokovic family are such pricks! Arrogant SOBs!! They wore 10 shirts....really? What if he had lost? And Novak had 22 already on his jacket? Lord

Please register in order to view this content

The only family member that didn't have a 10 shirt on was Jordie. I feel bad for him. He was the one that was suppose be better than Novak. I see something sinister there. 

All that said Tsitsipas losing was great to see.

Daddy Tsitsipas was p!sssed!!

He was the only one who didn't clap for his son during his speech or when he held up the runners up trophy. He didn't even bother standing.

Stefanos needs to tell his daddy bye bye. At least his mom has learned and didn't show up the whole tournament.

Interesting facts. ..  Hope it doesn't happen this year.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Stefanos Is a culero. I can see @DramatistDreamer gasping

Please register in order to view this content

He showed it very early in his career against Medvedev. He egged him on and then when Medvedev challenged him Stefanos cowardly left the courts.

I was a fan of his but he quickly showed his true colors.

I can't stand him or his father.

• Members

Probably all time lows. I don't see how numbers were even good. Someone said most of the matches this year were dull just plain boring. I agree. The match ups weren't good. 

Tsitsipas hasn't beaten Novak in three years.

Here is a prediction of the men's final ratings.

Only the Australian government can stop Novak Djokovic at the Australian Open, and it took even them several tries. Perhaps Stefanos Tsitsipas can keep Djokovic from his fourth-straight Aussie Open title; he did make him sweat in a French Open final two years ago. Either way, this matchup is for the diehards only; there is no casual fan who will wake up at 3:30 AM ET to watch this. Last year’s Rafael Nadal-Daniil Medvedev final averaged 690,000 viewers. Prediction: 478K.

• Members

And to add to that era - that little snippet really - you could have put a camera on any one of the girls in that era and you're going to catch something.  You really would.  But - to add on top of it, Hingis' usual bitchy comments that were tossed about....(so I wouldn't say that these girls today couldn't hang with such comments and behavior - I think they probably could, but the world has changed.) - but I remember Hingis' famous bashing of Mauresmo - saying she was playing half of a man.  And a lot of the fans (I was one) -  who disliked Hingis - for the simple fact that all she really had was consistency.  She didn't have a big weapon of any kind.  She had consistency, which was something we saw more of throughout the 70's and 80's as providing a way to win for a lot of girls.  Hey, I'm a Chrissie fan, but I realize she didn't have a weapon really - she had the backhand and mental toughness, and consistency (you could argue her PLACEMENT of serve), but she didn't have a weapon really.  Oddly, Chrissie would serve as Martina's mentor for a couple of years.  But, long post, toss in Hingis's nasty comments from time to time and get out the popcorn.  And she would kind of pass the bitchy torch to Henin.