Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

All of this.  When watching Nick, you have to put aside any wondering about him on the court.  You literally have to put the wondering aside - as to wondering what he is upset about, what he could possibly want from his box (do you want them to yell, or not yell, you tell me Nick) - or whatever.  If you wonder, you would go insane.  He acts like a child you cannot satisfy.  I was 100% on Novak's side for the match.  Like him or not, he wants to be out there (unlike Nick who has spent a lot of time explaning he is just there to entertain, not for the tennis - or whatever he says this week or next week or whenever).  And all in all, I'm tired of hearing commentators say that this appears to be the match where Nick has turned the corner, and has his feelings under control and this is really it, folks  - you were here to see it.  (Me: No you were not.  He will go back to his old self in about 5 minutes - you've said this for 7 or 8 years now.  Or longer).  He's no longer the "young talent" to me - he's way past time that he could have/should have won by now....and when you're fighting to beat 35 and 36 year olds, you're not going to convince me that you're a all-time-great.

And one edit:  I had to look/listen 2 or 3 times extra - to hear this was his first Slam final?  Is that right?  I feel like he's been in 80 with all the talking of how great he is.  That cannot be good.

Edited by Fevuh

• Members

The braying at the player’s box, the grass eating..I’m over it…all of it.  Nick needs to get over the fact that the ATP in its present state doesn’t have 1/10th the cool factor of the NBA or even half the cool factor of the players in UEFA. It just doesn’t and he needs to accept it and stop carrying on and acting out. Tennis is a niche sport for a reason, everyone has to accept that. And describing only one man as controversial without mentioning the other is ridiculous. 

• Members

The banning of Russians/Belarusians and the lack of points have made this tournament an embarrassment. I was happy to see Novak dial in against Nick nonetheless. He put those two losses against Nick in 2017 (when he was injured) well behind him.

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

That match made me want to watch less tennis, not more. It was like watching two punch drunk boxers stagger against the ropes of the ring while no one falls down for the count but you wish someone would.

I rarely watch an Isner match, they are so lackluster. He has to be playing someone else that I really want to see play, because he alone doesn’t do anything for me as a fan of tennis.

• Members

I have always said - he’s a server. If the point starts, it’s over. He’s not even a tennis player to me.  It’s the one thing I’ve said positive about Opelka. He does stand a chance if the point starts. Similar but I feel like he can at least play. Hall of fame worthy? He’ll to the No.