Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I've said the same, but I was talking with family who are Tennis fans and mentioned - I feel like in John's instance at least as far as Tennis goes - my memories of him complaining were at least in regard to something valid or at least something that happened.  I don't remember him concocting drama the way that Nick does.  If John did, it was far more limited.  Not the match after match after match scenario the way it is with Nick.  And he didn't just say in press conferences that he didn't really care about playing well, he was just there for the entertainment.  Honestly, anyone who behaves the way these two do/did on the court tells me that as far as verbal abuse goes, they were likely 100% masterful at it even in their personal relationships.  

• Members

Too bad that Anisimova couldn't hold her game together. She practically handed Halep that match on a silver platter with her many mistakes. But whenever she did manage to keep it together you could see that she has the ability to blow someone like Halep off the court.

On another note, is it only me who thinks that Anisimova is a spitting image of former Australian tennis player Alicia Molik?  

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I think as far as game goes, I've said before Anisimova = Mary Pierce.  I think she's going to win a slam or two and has the potential to be better but it's - will she be able to temper down the 'all or nothin' every match, and I think has the potential to be more consistent than Pierce was.  But - in her day and on the right day - Pierce really could blow anyone off the court, and she did.  

And Fritz is making this more of a match than I would have thought, had I not seen him play this tournament.  

Edited by Fevuh

• Members

I am rooting for Nadal because I think he's generally amazing, but I felt bad for Fritz who was devastated by the loss. Nevertheless, Fritz can come back again. He played quite an incredible game and I feel like this game changed him in some way, marked a new chapter for him. I don't know. Probably reading too much into it and too soon.

• Members

I saw bits and pieces, and a chunk of the final set when I was simultaneously having a discussion via phone and happened to blurt out to a casual tennis fan that if Fritz, at 5-4 in the 5th set can’t find a way to break Nadal, he’d likely lose the match. At 6-5, I thought the same, although I might have given Taylor Fritz more credit than he deserved because I thought he would have gone on longer in the tiebreak, which he surrendered fairly quickly.

Malik has more of an oval face and Anisimova has more of a heart-shaped face. Look at them when they’re not smiling.