Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Haha well Stefan has always been stoic so I couldn't tell.

Please register in order to view this content

Rafa has never been a favorite of mine. Him winning 14 French has been ridiculously boring to watch but I'm glad he's the leader in majors because I loathe Novak.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

The lack of serve was a huge liability back then. You had the group that could serve hard and fast (most of the American players) and you had the players who served with a bit of pace but veered more toward accuracy (a la Hingis, Henin, etc.) Unfortunately for her, Dementieva’s serve was neither of these. Back then it was inconceivable that one’s serve could be so dysfunctional and be able to win a major title, without massive assistance from the draw.

• Members

French Open coverage featuring the Iga Swiatek-Coco Gauff women’s final averaged a 0.7 rating and 1.05 million viewers on NBC last Saturday, marking the largest audience for the telecast of the women’s final in four years (2018 Simona Halep-Sloane Stephens: 1.45M).

The following day, coverage featuring the Rafael Nadal-Casper Ruud men’s final averaged a 0.95 and 1.49 million — the least-watched telecast of the men’s final in at least a decade, and almost certainly further back. Even in the months-delayed tournament of two years ago, the men’s final (Nadal-Novak Djokovic) averaged 1.58 million.

• Members

God Tennis really is a complete dumpster fire.  Tennis channel giving the rundown of where to see matches - TC Plus, this plus, that plus, this streaming that streaming on whatever channel.

It's easier now to watch Cornhole and Pickleball.  ESPN covers these things.  If Tennis is down, the reason is that no one airs it.  And it doesn't help when NBC airs it and no one watches (that post I read above).  No ones watching because everyone stopped airing it...it's almost a self-fulfilling prophecy.  Outta sight outta mind.