Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I will have to look - I didn't know Serena played.  She had a rough round against Tan at Wimbledon but it was a long match at least.  Had done doubles at Eastborne.  She just played the Canadian and won a match before losing to Bencic and it wasn't that bad. So I get people saying she hasn't played in a year or two years or whatever - but...she has played a few things now.

I just think Raducanu is way overrated so to me a 6-0 looks bad.  I kind of thought Serena may be holding back a little bit and she had one more run in her that would be a surprise, but I think I'm wrong now.  

Aside from that I was watching a match recently - may have been California while the DC tournament was going on?  But anyway it was Gauff and Lindsay  was calling the match....and I wondered what Lindsay was smoking.  She said a few times about Gauff being a favorite going into the US Open.  Sorry Lindsay - I don't know who you're watching.  She's been on the upswing and it's certainly approaching time for it to happen if it's going to happen and it's RIPE to happen given no one is blowing people off the court in the women's game right now - and Swiatek I thought would be the definite indestructible player after Barty left....but long story, there's an opening for sure in the women's game, and Gauff should walk right through the door...but the favorite or front runner?  Uh, no.  Put the weed down Linds.  LOL.

Edited by Fevuh