Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Nadal and Isner is gonna be interesting. I get so umcortable watching Iz because he's so damn tall.

But word on the street is that Sharapova "made" papa Yuri call Connors and fire him. They didn't get along from day one. Maria felt that Jimmy had no knowledge of women's tennis or her game. She felt he brought basic teachings to the table and offered nothing of value. Since Yuri insisted she hire Jimmy, he should be the one to fire him? Um no, Maria, ultimately, you hired Jummy and you have to man up and fire him. But what's done is done, Jimmy is probably toasted right about now (all he said was that he was going home and having a stiff drink).

• Members

My 2 favorite female players did battle, and of course, I love when S wins, but I would not have been broken up if Na had won.

The close score makes it look like a great match, but it wasn't. S played some bad Tennis, and I don't see her winning the US Open if this continues.

• Members

I had to turn, turned back later on and she won. I was happy.

My mom was making me laugh about del po saying how he was up and let Isner come back so he deserved to lose.

Li Na was handling it a little bit -- hope she steps it up even more for US Open if she's playing.

• Members

Really disappointed that Serena couldn't close the match today. She should be embarrassed! However, eventually, she will be where Fed is. They can't stay #1 forever, and her replacement is on her way just as Fed's was over a year ago. The tennis she played in Cincy? I'm shocked she made it to the finals. However, she is possibly the GOAT in women's tennis, but she is now at the point to where not playing well against the field is different from not playing well against Vika, Stosur and a few others.

She looks very healthy, but Vika wants the US Open, and she is possibly the only person to take it from S. Here's to hoping S remains #1 at least until February 14, which is the month she took that spot.

Congrats Nadal! Didn't see that match (or S' for that matter, just kept up with the score on Twitter), but because it appeared really tight, looks must see. Will have to check it out.

• Members

The new rankings

• 1 Novak DJOKOVIC 10980
  • 2 Rafael NADAL 8860
  • 3 Andy MURRAY 8700
  • 4 David FERRER 7210
  • 5 Tomas BERDYCH 5135
  • 6 Juan Martin DEL POTRO 4740
  • 7 Roger FEDERER 4695
  • 8 Jo-Wilfried TSONGA 3470
  • 9 Richard GASQUET 2625
  • 10 Stanislas WAWRINKA 2610

John Isner moved up to #14 with a final appearance at Cincy.

Milos in the top 10 didn't last very long...lol...he dropped to #11.

Richard went back into the top 10 with an early loss at Cincy..weird...lol

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Ha....I agree...announcers on ESPN dont see him being there that long....

John Isner and Tomas Berdych have pulled out of tournament this week because of injury....Isner thigh injury and Berdych sore shoulder...hope they are ok for the US Open