Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

And Tiafoe loses...not surprised. I guess Sousa only shows up in his home tournament because the rest of the season he sucks. Stefanos Tsitsipas should've beaten Sousa and won the tournament. Tsitsipas is looking good and on the rise.

• Members

Sousa was lucky to have that insurance break in the second set after failing to serve it out at 5-2. Playing at home can be a double-edged sword as we’ve seen with other players who can’t get it together at home tournaments.

It was a good week for Frances. A lot he can build on and learn from.

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Kyle wins the doubles after losing to Sousa in the QFs

Kyle and Stefanos took Sousa to three sets and should've beaten him. I like/use to like Sousa until I heard about him fixing matches. He is a cheat....he tanks matches....

Gasquet beat Berdych today in Madrid in the first round. Berdych should just retire already.

Tomorrow.....Novak vs Kei first round

• Members

That’s going to be tough to watch. My two favorite players. Not even going to venture a guess as to who’ll win.

Taro Daniel wins his first title in Istanbul!

Didn’t know that about Sousa. Did he get cited for match fixing?

Madison Keys lost in the first round in Madrid. Osaka and Ostapenko also out. 

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

I agree and at least he showed up to compete, unlike the rest of his compatriots. When is the last time a US man got to a final on European clay?  It was a good week for him and he has lots to learn and is young enough to do this.

As for Madrid, it isn't a true clay court surface so I rarely pay attention to the results there.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

No he didn't. But it's common knowledge in the tennis community that he has cheated before.

It's one of my favorites. Venus already lost yesterday. I am fortunate to now have the bein channel. The men's matches started today on TC.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Venus hasn't played in a month, so I'm not shocked by that result.  I'd much prefer she defend her points at Rome, Wimbledon-plus go a step further.

I was surprised she even showed up for Madrid, she must not have heard the nasty things that slimeball tournament director Ion Tiriac said about Serena.

• Members

Lots of popcorn matches here. 

Maria vs Kiki or Maria vs Wozniacki would be delicious for their drama potential, although I hope Kiki takes care of business. Bertens will be tricky for Caroline.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

You think? The only men’s match I’m anticipating is Djokovic/Edmund. The others feel sort of meh for me, at least in the matches tomorrow and the R-16 matches already set.

Grigor is just so streaky. He won Cincinnati and the YE and has just fallen apart.

• Members

I was just about to give Mladenovic props for going hard against Sharapova. And then she surrenders a 3-1 lead and let’s Maria walk all over her. Pathetic. Hopefully Bertens gets in that ass tomorrow.

I don’t even know what to say about Novak. He basically gave that match away. Sometimes it looks like he’s hungry and then he turns on a dime and looks completely apathetic. Makes it very hard to be a fan, so I might just pass on his matches until he can string together some convincing wins.