The Tennis Thread

• Members

If Isner serve is on and his opponent is the least bit off, he’s virtually unplayable. Delpo has played a lot of tennis and is likely exhausted. But if you’re not taking care of your own service game and Isner is raining aces, you might as well just fast-forward to the handshake.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yay Sloane! She was in full-on pusher mode for most of the match, but she didn’t have to do that much but let Ostapenko’s errors fly. Sloane did step up at the big moments, and, man, can she cover the court. Not easy when Penko is hitting with such power.

Let’s see if we get a salty Ostapenko concession speech...

EDIT: Not bad. She’s grown up a lot. Very gracious.

Back-to-back American-raised WOC winners not named Williams on the Sunshine swing.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Sascha folded like a flimsy old tent. Days like this are when I wish Andy Murray was back and healthy. 

I guess it’s simple math that someone I don’t particularly care for would win this title after Osaka, Delpo, and Sloane, three of my favorites, won championships.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Aaaand Coco and Ash Barty won in dubs.

I wonder if Thiem will be ready for Monte Carlo. I suppose Sascha has to be a favorite for that title given his performance on clay last year, but Chung and Delpo have to be in the conversation. But the ATP hasn’t felt this unpredictable since the early 2000s.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Ugh....Isner wins out of all people. The worst and last Miami Open in that awful place. Now Isner is ranked #9 in the world?

Please register in order to view this content

Reminds me of last fall when the other Trumpster won Paris out of nowhere to land in the top 10 as well. We know Isner won't do squat on clay but won't lose any points because he never does well enough on clay to defend points...LOL. I say around Italy time he will lose all his points he got and drop out of the top 10. Gawd I hate that he won a 1000 tourney. He sucks!  I noticed the ESPN commentators saying how John wasn't playing boring tennis. They must read the negative comments from fans about his non existent serve only game.

As for Sasha....I am done with him. He totally choked. He was playing so bad. He played better against Coric who has better shots than Isner. Sasha won't win a major. He doesn't have it in him. I am almost through with him as a fan. His loss against Isner was a bad one.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Where she belongs in the gutter. I can't stand her. She is full of [!@#$%^&*]!

Radek was an odd choice so no surprise there but getting rid of Agassi is another story. Tennis fans are bringing up his affair with the Nanny and how he should retire. How he fears his wife will leave him and take his kids with her.