The Tennis Thread

• Members

Talk about a final not to watch....LOL at least Pablo winning didn't give me heartburn ......LOL 

The funny thing is that the homophobe/racist is now higher ranked than Stevie at #47 and Stevie is at #52. 

Please register in order to view this content

He is 32 already. I knew he was older than 30.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Interesting that it didn't make the live coverage but was shown during TC Live after all the matches were done. If you didn't see TC live you wouldn't know that Jared acted like a damn idiot.....LOL

https://deadspin.com/tennis-player-screams-in-chair-umpires-face-during-over-1825288636

Supervisor....Supervisor...Supervisor....Supervisor.....LMAO

• Members

There’s a mark RIGHT. HERE. 😂

Dude lost it, in every sense of the word. I wonder how he’ll be disciplined for this. He actually got in the umpire’s face in an aggressive way.

I heard Tracy and Justin were making excuses for him. At least the guys on Tennis TV actually called him out for his behavior.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

I

when I heard their comments. Of course they'd make excuses for him.  I've never cared for Jared's game. It it too mechanical for my tastes. His game is too robotic. He will be lucky if he makes the top 30 in rankings. I can see him winning a cheap all American 250 event but that's about it. He seems like a nice guy but maybe his true colors showed today.

Oh and I LOVED Stefanos Tsitsipas beating Shapovalov. He is so overrated. Gimbelstob gushing over his game is ridiculous!

He only knows how to play one way if he is off he loses badly. If his game is on and he bashes every ball in the court he wins.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Glad to see Nishikori back in elite form, but AGAIN he has to take the scenic route to victory against an injured player (Cilic) he should have easily beaten in straights, which is one reason he stays injured himself. Zverev had a surprisingly tough battle against Gasquet, so we’ll see what he can do. Nadal looks pretty unbeatable, though. Wow.

• Members

I saw things with Novak that looked promising, so I’m hopeful. Obviously his fitness isn’t all the way back, but I think getting back with Vajda will be helpful. Fingers crossed he stays the course.

The one thing that’s been good about the time away is that fans are more appreciative of Novak and maybe even Andy. I’ll admit to wanting to have Andy back on tour. That’ll probably change pretty quickly once he starts scowling, cursing, and chirping at his box again lol, but he’s so effective at dismissing servebots.

• Members

Kerber's draw in Stuttgart looks...well, challenging, to say the least.

That Siegemund/Strycova match is either going to be fireworks or too annoying to watch.

They each have a tendency to get on my last nerve. 

There is often something slightly entertaining about two highly irritating characters grating on each other, testing each other's patience during a match.  Having said that, I think I'll pass on that match.

And LOL @ that Sloane/CoCo match.

Edited by DramatistDreamer