Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That's what they are saying in social media. I don't think Thiem played well at all. That said he was only broken once in both sets which cost him the sets. Sasha couldn't beat Isner but won against Thiem....unbelievable!  Some are saying now that Sasha is 2nd best to win Paris. Huh? I told them how? He has never beaten Nadal in any surface much less clay.  He hasn't gotten past the third round in any major. He cracks under the pressure and can't handle 3 out of 5 sets. And I think he is peaking too early again like last year and he will run out of gas. He will have played three straight weeks in a row with only one week break before the French.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Gotta hand it to Shapovalov. He steps it up. He could have been a Tommy Paul/Casper Ruud type flash in the pan, but he’s still in the mix nearly a year after his breakthrough summer and is now in the Top 30. He’s pretty fearless and gutsy, which you can’t say for a lot of his peers.

Basilashvili is underrated eye candy.

Cecchinato can’t capitalize on the home crowd.

What is going on with Ash Barty?

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

She had split sets with Sugar Mama. Ash is about to lose the match. I forgot they were playing on beIN channel.

Sugar Mama just won.

Pfft...never cared for him. Let's see how he does in the 3rd round when he meets Rafa....LOL.  I know Rafa hasn't forgotten the horrible loss as he called against him in Canada last year.

And Berdych should retire. He has lost in the 1st round again. He hasn't won a clay court match this year.

You should see him shirtless.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I kind of feel bad for Berdych. I didn't see today's match but of the previous matches that I have seen, he looks a bit lost out there.

He came close quite few times but has been unable to grab that one complete breakthrough in the majors (i.e. "Slam"). 

I'm always loathe to say that anybody should retire, especially if they are uninjured and able to compete and want to compete but I wonder if maybe he's a bit burnt out, at the moment and perhaps a mini 'mental health' break might help.  All these consecutive first round losses cannot be good for the psyche.

On the women's side Ash Barty and another player whose name I can't remember (she's Canadian, I think) took breaks away from the game for mental health reasons. There should be no stigma for anyone who needs to take a break to restore their mental health.

• Members

I don’t find him to be a very likable or rootable guy, but I do too. I know he’s had a mental coach, but he’s been well-positioned to win majors and just never managed it. It’s definitely a head thing. He’s beaten all of the Big 4 multiple times (including SIX times against Federer, twice at Slams, once at Wimbledon), but just couldn’t do it when it mattered most. 

• Members

He is still ranked #15. All his points came at the end of last year so he hasn't had anything to defend but first round loses from last year.

I'm probably one of his biggest fans but he needs to call it a day. He truly underachieved where his career is concerned. His mental lapses in matches were so tedious to watch every year. He should've won the US Open the year Cilic won it. He totally came out flat against Cilic and lost to him. He kept doing that a lot in his career. He should've won Wimbledon when he was in the finals against Rafa. He should've had 2 majors in his career but he got none.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

He pretty much always beat who he was supposed to beat in the past, but he’s so much more vulnerable against lower-ranked players now. He could still play on, of course, if he remains healthy and still wants it. There are so many players who never contend for big titles who keep on truckin’ year after year. (Look at Kohlschreiber.) Tomas really seemed like he was on the upswing last spring into Wimbledon (where he played well).

• Members

Pliskova got a bad call and she was right. Her shot was in and when she asked opponent, Sakkari, to back her up, Sakkari said she didn't see it but was gracious enough to offer to replay the point. The Chair refused. 

Naomi has to find her place in Tennis and stick to it.