Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I am so sad to hear of her death. The moment when HRH The Duchess of Kent pulled her head onto her shoulder so she could cry was a moment of such compassion. Her jubilation at Novotna's win years later was heartening. They had a special bond. I wonder how The Duchess, now 84, feels today. 

• Members

I remember that match and was gutted for Jana.  I cried with her because she had Steffy on the ropes.  That match was hers but she let Steffy back in and lost.  She was devastated.  

A really sweet lady!  

RIP Jana

Please register in order to view this content

She wrote so much about Queen in her new book, SugarPimp forgot to mention this?!  

• Members

Is she going to claim that Max forgot to warn her to click the link?

I wonder if the tennis press will try to make excuses for her again so they can return to "business as usual" trying to promote her.

It will be interesting to see who writes/investigates more on this and who tries to tamp down the story.

Hey Tennis Fans,

Have you all heard that the Majors are returning to a 16 player draw? There are a host of other rules (etc, shot clock) that will be in effect next year.

Thoughts?

• Members

So it is happening? I hated the 32 draw when it was changed but got use to it. Now I am not sure if I want the top 16 seeds back. That means Murray could face either Roger or Nadal in the 4th round in Australia and Milos, Berdych, Kyrios and Kei will be unseeded floaters....yikes....!!

The 16 seeds won't happen until 2019. I like the shot clock of 25 seconds....Nadal looking at you....LOL

http://www.tennisnow.com/Blogs/NET-POSTS/November-2017-(1)/Big-Changes-are-Coming-to-Grand-Slam-Tennis-in-the.aspx

Edited by Hunk Chandler Massey

• Members

They claimed that the 16 player draw will make early rounds more competitive, which was already the case on the Women's side. 

I've also become used to the 32 seed draw.

CoCo tweeted that the players weren't consulted and it seems that she doesn't like the penalty for taking more than the allotted time on/after the warm up.

DPKhWi-XcAAV1sI.jpg