AMC: Fall Previews

• Members

You can take SOARsing into account, but the Politics and the Media book on my dresser stamps Erica's abortion as taking place in 1973. You can bend soap history, but you can not, change real life history and that's what this is. Josh is that fetus. Josh's birthday is in 1973. It doesn't matter how the timeline has been rewritten, at least not for me. It's a stamped date. Josh should be 33/34 as the fetus. It's not like with Kendall where you can and have to fudge the time line everytime they make Erica younger. There's a year and an event tied to him, and to give more credence to what MMT did by applying SOARSing is totally whacked, IMO.

That's not a knock on anyone. It's just my belief on the issue. If you bend the timeline to make this "work" then it's as bad as Megan fudging things to try and pull the storyline from anywhere but her ass in the first place.

But I will never be okay with who Josh is, or the BS that has come with him. So I'm not exactly fair on the subject. LOL All I'm saying, is that you can change soap history, but real life history can't be changed. And Erica's abortion is a part of real life history.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

IMO, SORASing is a necessary evil on soaps (although, some shows have started taking entirely too much advantage of it; E.J. Wells, anyone?), so even though I see Kylie's point, I could forgive fudging the actual date of Erica's abortion.

But plot points such as this:

>> According to Erica's reasonings for aborting Josh circa 2006 the reason she aborted Josh in the first place was due to her truama from the conception of Kendell.

...And the migraine's back.

>> Greg Madden could have easily stole him because his wifes baby died. Just some minor tweakings and the story would have been just as dramatic as the unabortion perhaps even more so since Erica went crazy because she wanted and loved that child so much.

That's certainly better than some other ideas I've heard/read elsewhere. (Specifically, the one where Josh is actually Bianca's twin, and that Goldie Kane stole him at birth and gave him to Greg Madden to raise. Yeah, someone's been watching OLTL, lol.)

• Members

IMHO, the best scenario to explain Josh would be that Dr. Madden, in his crazy obsessive way, faked the whole thing, with the help of Nurse Hazel, and maybe some other paid off hospital workers. We all know how easy it is to fake DNA tests in Pine Valley! Maybe Madden even eventually came to believe that he had made this "Miracle Baby" happen. Tad and Aidan could easily find Hazel, and she could reveal the truth. What would even be more DRAMATIC would be if Erica asked Josh to change his last name to Kane, and right when it's going to happen, Josh himself finds out he's not really a Kane, but keeps it a secret so he can remain in the family. Or, he could just leave town.

• Members

^ I'd love that to happen, but IMO, B&E have no interest in really fixing things. Hell look at this new Erica spoiler, tell me you're not having Deja Vu:

Erica recognizes Dr. Hilliard from her past and threatens to expose his secrets

(From CND TV Guide, week of Sept.10th, posted by ZendallFan)

That is almost word for word, Madden is now Hilliard, a fetus scoop from MMT.

Give B&E the creativity award. And people wonder why I didnt want these two "writing" for Erica. LMFAO

I wonder if Josh's twin will be a girl or a boy? Hmmmm. (And sadly, I'm only half teasing). I think it'll be a girl. That way she can be blonde, and have a huge rack. Really get us to like her. :rolleyes:

• Members

If she recoginzes him he can't be Kinder or something. So we have three options, IMO: He is somehow tied to Madman and we're getting a fetus twin (something I've feared for awhile). He's tied to her when she was at the Betty Ford clicic, which IMO, can't be good either. Or he's tied to her when she was in the looney bin. Something else, that IMO, can't be a good thing.

Either way, something not fun is tied into this. You can tell. It's pretty much a forgone conclusion.

I only joke about fetus twin, but honestly, at this point, who really thinks they wouldn't go there?

• Members

We all figured there was more to Dr. Hilliard and here is our answer. Why can't Erica get a story that is driven by her own character, not some plot point that most likely will be something that will be abusice towards the character.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

• Members

Recent spoilers say she recognizes him from when she was in rehab. Maybe he was a shady doc from the clinic and she knows he's not legit. Anyway, I don't think this is Erica's new story. All indications are that she recognizes him and then eventually runs him off.

Archived