AMC: Fall Previews

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We can blame Greenlee for a lot of things, but if Colin gets the axe, it's no ones fauilt but McTrash. Josh is the last left over, glaring (even if they want us to forget it) wound left of MMT's reign of terror. Him losing his job would be no ones fault but hers. There were at least 4 (off the top of my head ways) to make Josh Erica's son that weren't the fetus, and all 4 ways Jeff or anyone could have been Josh's father. She didn't have to make him who she was, and make every writer who came after her afraid to write for him. And honestly, I don't see how they could not be. Sure most peaopls (and it pisses me the hell off) have just decided to let them get away and like Josh, but that doesn't mean that Josh isn't who he is. And at some point, that has to be addressed for him to ever had a real relationship with a woman. I dont know about B&E, but that's a can of worms I'd run screaming from.

IMO, MMT made Josh's bed, and if B&E choose to show the character and Colin the door, they can't be faulted.

• Members

How much anger do you people have toward Greenlee? She did a lot of wrong stuff, but she's only human. And she's a good person, she just needs to get back on track. "All My Children" wouldn't be as interesting without her.

• Members

Hey Kylie. What are the 4 Ways that Josh could be Erica's Son without being the Unaborted Fetus ? I would Assume that One way would be for Josh and Kendall to be Twins and Josh would have Richard Fields for A Father. However, I can't think of Any Other Ways. What are the Other 3 Ways for Josh to be Erica's Son. Jody

• Members

1) Josh and Kendall twins

2) Stolen Eggs (Hell, we could have really livened things up and put a WTD in here)

3) Erica has had a history of black outs, any of her time in NY or CA could have used to say she gave birth to a baby, a premie, but a baby. (Susan had a long at least a 4 month maternity leave with Andres)

4) This one was a bit more far fetched, but Erica looked like a dead ringer for Emily and again along the NY/CA, time off screen timeline, if she needed money she could have been a surrogate for Emily and Greg. I acutally thought MMT would have been brilliant to pull an Emily/Erica storyline out like the Kendall/Greenlee one. Erica planned to use Emily's eggs. Something happened, she had to use hers, yada yada yada.

• Members

Hey Kylie. I like the 4th one the Best. That's not as Far Fetched as you think. After all, Annie looked like Greenlee. Why couldn't Greg's Wife Looked like Erica ? That would Explain why Greg had such A Crush on Erica. Maybe that was why Emily Accused Greg of Liking Erica Better than Her. Maybe Emily Told Greg that He Married Her Because She Looks Like Erica Kane. That would be Like Megan McTavish Also Because She Loves to Repeat Storylines so Maybe She had Erica be Emily's Surrogate and Erica Ended Up Using Her Own Eggs and then Kendall Ended Up Using Her Own Eggs instead of Using Greenlee's Eggs. Jody

• Members

>> 1) Josh and Kendall twins

Which would make Josh at least three years older than everyone -- including Josh himself -- thinks he is. (Remember, Kendall was supposedly born in that period of time shortly before AMC premiered, in 1970, while Erica's abortion happened (on-screen) in '73.)

>> 2) Stolen Eggs (Hell, we could have really livened things up and put a WTD in here)

I'm not sure I understand that scenario. Can you elaborate, Kylie?

>> 3) Erica has had a history of black outs, any of her time in NY or CA could have used to say she gave birth to a baby, a premie, but a baby. (Susan had a long at least a 4 month maternity leave with Andres)

I MIGHT buy a scenario where Erica, then separated from Tom Cudahy, had a son while she was (allegedly) at a fat farm in Hollywood. At the time, Erica and Tom's marriage had failed, because she had been taking birth-control pills behind his back; and so had her disco. She had gone to California to break into the movies, but wound up having to return home a total failure.

Again, I MIGHT buy that, but...when she DID return to Pine Valley, she tried mightily to win Tom back from Brooke. If she had had his baby, believe me, she would've used it to snare him.

As for her years in NYC, we saw too much of her and her fabulous penthouse apartment. If she had been pregnant by either Kent Bogard or Brandon Kingsley, we would've known about it. (Plus, with Connie-as-Silver around, she wouldn't been able to hide it.)

>> 4) This one was a bit more far fetched, but Erica looked like a dead ringer for Emily and again along the NY/CA, time off screen timeline, if she needed money she could have been a surrogate for Emily and Greg.

No. Remember, Erica wanted to terminate the pregnancy, b/c it would have interferred with her modeling career. Surrogate motherhood? Not a part of her gameplan.

BTW? If anyone out there can make sense of the original Kendall story for me, be my guest. Because, frankly? I still don't buy it.

• Members

I personally think the best one is Josh being the baby between Erica and Phil Brent. Where Erica lost her child and then had to be commited to a mental institution. I think that would have been the strongest and most original story with out it being that farfetched and still be believeable.

I persoanlly am still at a loss between the ages of Erica's children.

Kendell is the oldest, Josh is the middle and Bianca is the youngest. But I am still at a loss at their age number.

According to Kendell's birth date she's 30, Erica's 45, Bianca is 23

How old is Josh?

Archived