June 25-29, 2007

Toups

• Members

Come on GH, keep on giving us the neverending Sam/Jason/Liz/Lucky story w/ the baby. Yep...keep on.

Congrats to DAYS for being #5 tied w/ AMC. If it wasn't for their pre-emptions I'm sure it would be a 2.3.

ATWT continues to suck, I don't care what anyone says. It's not getting any better (I've seen the previews....it's not getting any better anytime soon).

How Y&R gets a 4.1 when it's complete poo on a silver platter is beyond my comprehension.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for posting, Lskreet!

Wow! Y&R went up? I guess it was the incredible acting displayed last week that helped. Nice to see Days rise .1. The ABC soaps are quite stagnant, what's up with the CBS soaps? Y&R rose, yet none of the others did. Usually when Y&R rises, the rest of the CBS soaps do.

• Members

Good job Days. Only .1 away from 4th, although the other shows dropping is helping them. The upcoming holiday definitely killed them on that Friday. I think alot of people started hitting the road and the beaches around that time. That seemed like a bad day, or one that featured lower numbers (except for GL) for all soaps. Days got a 2.3 last Friday and carried that well into the week. Friday hurt though. I know this week's numbers will be low unless they somehow pull off having good numbers for 3 days of not much happening (even though Wednesday was great). It's sad that the young cast was on so much of last week and the episodes focused so much on them got higher numbers then the vet-centric ones. This is why TPTB shove the young generation on to the front-burner. The ratings tend to back it up and it's sad, even though Days' young cast isn't horrible.

Y&R got a 3.9 and a 3.8. Now, I understand the 3.9 on Friday for reasons I mentioned above but the 3.8 on Wednesday is pretty telling IMO.

Pretty bad week for soaps overall.

• Members

I'm happy for DAYS. Not much happened on Monday & Tuesday but there was good character driven material. They needed a boost because I fear the Wimbledon week will screw with the numbers.

• Members

Congrats to Days! Memo to Ken Corday:

keep your damn nose out of HS's business!

And as for Y&R: tha show getting worse ratings as the week goes on says alot. It now seems The Hack writes for Monday and Tuesday, and says screw it to the rest of the week.

That show stinks so bad, a goat would pass out from the smell.

• Members

No offense to whoever edited LSkreet's ratings post, but when there's a tie (as between AMC and DAYS), the first one listed should be the first one in alphabetical order (unless the share is higher on one, which we don't know yet). So AMC should come before DAYS, just as LSkreet first posted them.

• Members

Great ATWT dropped to #7 in the ratings. Way to go Goutman and Pissanante. :rolleyes: But they are only .2 away from 4th. They did get a nice jump from Friday's 2.0 to Monday's 2.3. At least there were no 2.0's this week.

AMC going down to a new low doesnt surprise me. I dont see any improvement in the show. It still sucks.

And still excuses for Days low numbers on Friday. Some soaps stayed the same or went up on Friday. I doubt the holiday had much to do with it.

• Members

No offense to you Carolyn, unless I have short-term amnesia I didn't move anything from their original spot, I just plugged in what their rank was the previous week and their move from the week before. DAYS was listed before AMC, I didn't move DAYS to before AMC (again unless I have short-term memory amnesia).

• Members

I Hope OLTL realizes that Marty/Miles and John are killing their show. Not that 0.1 is a big deal because it isn't but I was hoping to see it at least retain what boost it got from the musical and even go up a abit. I guess that will never happen while those three are so prominent, Hopefully this week goes better since there was more of a balance of characters , and stories

Archived