June 25-29, 2007

Toups

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^ I'm not saying they are. What i'm saying is that they seem to have a halo over them already, and I think that's going to lead to trouble. I want them to be just what AMC needs. I want them to be the team lead AMC into the next phase of it's wonderful history. Absolutely.

But based on what I'm reading from them, they seem more interested in telling us what Megan did wrong, then what they're going to do right. They need to fix AMC. Not patch it up and move on. If they do, then we'll be no better then we were with Megan at helm. Liket the lastest Spike stuff. That story has sooooooo much potential. And if they use it, they can put AMC back on the map. But frankly, I don't know that I get those vibes from them. I don't know that I trust them not to make the entire thing about GreenMe and a plot point for Rylee. <------- which if it plays out that way, we might as well have just kept Megan around for.

I hope they are everything that people are building them up to be. But until they prove to me that there's a reason for me to trust them, I don't.

• Members

AMC had a good 4th of July Espisode. Even though they did not have picnics like other soaps, it was a funny epi. Also thursday and fridays epi were good. On friday we got many of our favorite vets back. If this keeps happening they can and will be able to bring back there ratings. hey last year they did horrible with the whole fertus story, but was able to bounce back earlier this year. They went from a 2.3 to a 2.8.This can happend agian. I have faith in the new writers. You just can't say that it will go down just because you did not like it. You only watched 10 minutes of it. Agian last year the went to 2.8 million viewers to 3.5 million viewers. Thats a huge difference. DAYS gained but it was not as good. I watched this week and agian its better but not good. Its like OLTL, they gained but right now it sucks. Y&R sucks right now with a few esepctions but they gained. Anything can happen in the ratings. A great soaps with geat stories can go down and a bad soaps with bad stories can go up. AMC can do that. With B&E on board they can change AMC for the better. Many people are doubting thme but HEY, they might suprise us. They can bring back AMC to its old self. They can fix AMC even without starting all over. It might take time but you got to give them a chance and you got to give AMC a chance. Just do not say that AMC will lose 100,000 viewers. It can happen but they might gain. Its your opinion. Alot of people like AMC this week. Even though it was Fusion on 4th of July it actually was good. I really do hope that AMC can rise next week!

I am suprised that B&B had no gains. That has a great week last week. I loved the Ridge/Ashley pairing! I really do hope that they can gian.

• Members

Its all relative. the ratings for the majority of soaps have been tanking for the past few weeks and continue too. Its no surprise AMC has joined them. Its just the climate unfortunately we are in and most likely will continue to be in. Boo to Y&R still managing to stay above that 4.0 barrier.

• Members

Yeah, it's highly likely the ratings for the week will be down, there is definitely a pattern of the weekly rating going down on the week of the July 4 holiday (for at leats AMC) ... but I do think the July 4th episode itself will do "well" because last year all the soaps had significant viewership jumps on the day.

Archived