June 4-8, 2007

Toups

• Members

In GL's case it is the main reason for the poor ratings.

Ellen Wheeler said that she was in control of the show and now the ratings are in the crapper because of her direction. She refused to listen to viewers and now people have given up.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Soaps being bad is not the only reason for the drops in the ratings. Just look at ALL the primetime shows falling to new lows as well, it's not just daytime. Of course soaps telling horrid, ridiculous stories accounts for all these declines, but I believe it is mainly due to how people watch tv now and for the most part its not live. I DVR or tape(depending where I am living) DAYS and every other show I watch. The only shows I ever watch live are Nip/Tuck and Rescue Me, the rest I tape/DVR. I think the samples for DVR's are far too low and that's a big reason for the sudden drop offs in all of tv, not just daytime.

• Members

2.8 for B&B - Awful! Kay Alden is needed right now! :rolleyes:

DAYS: It's hilarious! Every time the ratings go down, there's always a reason: preemptions, Tennis on NBC, Golf etc.

How about this for a theory? The DiMeras aren't the ratings saviors so many of you think they are, people don't want to watch the redemption of a rapist, there is too much Sami, Doug/Julie never had that much of a fanbase. And, last but not least, the teen summer SL would have to be one of the worst yet. When actors as bad as Trevor Donovan keep getting cast, you know things really haven't changed that much on DAYS. :lol:

• Members

I also don't care for Zzzzendull and I agree that this pairing is detrimental to the ratings. AMC is lacking in the couple department currently with Ryan/Annie, Jonathan/Ava (or Lily after today's show), Krystal/Adam still pining for each other, and another go-round of Babe/Jamie seemingly on the horizon.

The warm, comfortable family feel was unfortunately one of McT's last acts of destruction since most of the characters you mentioned were written out during her last tenure. The new headwriters can salvage the show if they bring the focus back to the Martins (imo they need to recast Jake & Kelsey ASAP) and dump the dead weight (Jonathan, Annie, Whinelee, for starters).

• Members

Well, I guess we will truly know the week after this week when there are no preemptions. We had the same situation last year with preemptions and everyone said that wasn't why Days went down and they increased and later stabilized once things got back to normal. Everyone kept saying last year how Steve and Kayla did nothing for the ratings but we never saw the impact until two weeks later when the show was back without interuption.

Days should have did all the big stuff for last week and this week earlier in the week so that the numbers for the first 3 days would be higher to balance the preemption numbers. Too bad they didn't. I am confident they will return to a 2.3 at least right after these preemptions calm down.

Other then Days and AMC, no soap is trying to change. They all are becoming trash.

• Members

Oh, I mentioned earlier I was excluding Passions simply because they didn't have to change nor will they ever change. I won't see them after September anyway so I was more or less focusing on the shows left on network TV since they are the ones in primary danger right now. Those 8 soaps needed alot of changes and some still do but Days and AMC are the only ones of those 8 currently trying to be better. That was all I was saying. I am liking Passions to but not as strongly as you. I am liking it most days though.

Archived