June 4-8, 2007

Toups

• Members

Ouch for all the soaps!! What a bad week for most of them. And I am completely surprised the ratings for Days didn't hold steady or even go up. What a disappointment for the show. Maybe Stefano's return should be more about John/Marlena than Sami/EJ/Lucas. Plus, those two new ken barbie dolls aren't helping much either.

Sorry to say but I am not surprised AMC continues to drop. The show really isn't very good, IMHO. I don't like Greenlee and the possibility of a Rylee reunion is less than thrilling to me. I don't like Zendall or Zach and I hate that Kendall is having another kid so soon. So I have no reason to watch the show anymore.

I just wonder if Fron's job is finally on the line now since all of his soaps aren't doing well especially GH. That is his pride and joy.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GL is +1.

this Friday the show is going to win the Best daytime drama Emmy Award (i have no doubt) and fans are now calling their hotline ( 212-986-5330 ) telling the producers how they feel (90% want Josh with Reva again; want Jonathan back, want to see Olivia with a major s/l, tired of the Beacon...). It is the moment of truth for GL right now. If you are a GL fan, please call and let them know how you feel.

• Members

Happy that ATWT got back up. Jatie having sex did not lead to all time lows so thats a good sign...

Surprised about Days. I think last week and this week have been awesome.

As for ABC its sad how I used to be obsessed with all their shows but I've slowly dropped all of them. And now only OLTL gets any of my time these days. So I'm glad its doing great.

• Members

I do think AMC is really stale right now. The Greenlee/Ryan redo stinks and I am sick, sick, sick of Fusion. I don't like the propping of certain characters like Ryan. I also think Zendall is stale. They are a very central part of the show right now and viewers are turning off their tv's. I can't be the only one who doesn't like them as a pairing. And why is Kendall having another child so soon after Spike?? Why couldn't they have waited a few years? They could have done a TON of different storylines with her but now her character is going to be so limited now. What can you do with her? For such a important character, I think the show is making a huge mistake with her having another child. It makes her extremely boring for this average viewer.

And there aren't very many vets on the show anymore. There is no warm, comfortable, familiar feeling about AMC, IMHO. And who can they bring back to the show?? They have written off/killed/destroyed Brooke, David, Maria, Edmund, Dixie, Janet, Travis, Leo, Vanessa, etc. I am sure I am forgetting a few characters. These faces were so important to the history of the show and now they don't have hardly any of that anymore. Who is left? Jack and Erica. Not enough. To me, it feels like there is no core or center to AMC anymore and I would not be surprised if they continue to drop in the ratings.

• Members

Exactly.

This is what happened last year with Steve and Kayla's return. The ratings never showed any impact until the end of the month due to scattered preemptions with the tennis and golf. I had been saying all week Days would go down because of the preemptions. Now I know the dailies for Tuesday and Wednesday were down but Thursday was the first full episode with Stefano and John and Marlena were on that day too and I beleive Thursday say some preemptions too that were related to tennis. That probably held that number down and Friday is a clear result of preemptions. The show was bound to go down at some point anyway and I just knew these next two weeks would be tough with the preemptions. I hate that NBC does this but it happens. Just like Wimbledon week sees record lows and then Days recovers the week after.

Whatever the case, I don't think Days is in trouble. We all know last week was better then a 2.1. It's funny how the weeks Days should go up they don't and the weeks they shouldn't they go up. I think Days may hang on to the 2.1 for this week and then we could see a return to a 2.3 the following week. I knew the preemptions would kill it.

As for the other soaps, pathetic. At least Days and AMC are trying. The other soaps (and I am excluding Passions here) are just doing nothing to help themselves right now.

• Members

I was hoping DAYS would go up--it deserves to go up--but these pre-emptions are a problem. In Chicago DAYS is moved from 2:00 to 1:00 today and tomorrow (golf) so that will probably cause problems for next week, too. Hopefully, after these two weeks we'll see the increase it deserves--as long as they keep Jeremy to a minimum!

• Members

Because in today's soap world, it's nearly impossible to have rise after rise after rise without dropping at some point, regardless of how good the show is. To gain thousands of viewers one week, then keeping all those viewers while gaining another several thousand the next week, then retaining all those viewers as well and gaining another several thousand the week after that... it's hard to do nowadays.

• Members

No you're not the only one who doesn't like the Zendall pairing. I never was much of a Zach fan but I used to like Kendall but ever since she's been with Zach, I can't stand her. I also think that giving Kendall another child is a mistake for this character.

As for Days, I don't think the big 4 (although I don't like that term for them) are going to do as much for Days like some may have hoped and thought. I'm not sure what Days needs to bring viewers back but that may be hard to do since once a soap viewer quits watching a soap it could be hard to get them back because they find other things to watch or do. I happen to be enjoying Days now and have ever since JER left.

Archived