June 4-8, 2007

Toups

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I so agree with you. DAYS at least is trying to bring back viewers. They are bring back some fan favs. For example. Last week. They climbed back up to #5!

Also AMC at least is trying. The stories are not that great but at least there have been many chages. With character balance, more vets having air time and some fan favs coming back

• Members

I agree - to an extent. However, GL's ratings have been hovering between sixth and 8th place for the past 20 years or so - even during its heyday in the early '90's. I don't know what it's going to take for GL to be the number one show again..but one thing is for sure - get rid of the current EP and headwriter pronto!

• Members

I truly believe that David Kreizman and Ellen Wheeler are major reasons why GL is even still afloat right now, and sacking them would be an extremely risky move that starts a process of irreversible decline.

People like Paul Rauch, John Conboy, and Ellen Weston, despite apparent strong resumes, were driving GL off the tracks straight toward cancellation. San Cristobel; the mob; Maryanne Carruthers; Rick, Lillian, Holly, and Beth taken off contract ... Ugh.

Then Kreizman and Wheeler came along and reinvigorated the show with new experiments like the ITL episodes, while also returning GL more to its roots by, for instance, bringing back Matt and Vanessa, signing Rick back on contract, offering a contract to Blake and Beth, signing Billy back on contract, and bringing closure to the story of Roger and Holly by acknowledging Roger's death.

Long may DK and EW reign at GL. I feel safe in their hands. I hope the ratings go up.

• Members

Y&R has never been worse. The stories are EXTREMELY plot driven and some of the most boring characters are shoved down our throats. Unfortunately, with the Emmy win, nothing will change.

I'm hoping for a 3.5 soon! I'm sure the Emmy win will give them a boost, but it will go away.

• Members

A lot of people on the board seem really against Y&R for whatever reason and I just don't get it. I find the show more entetaining now than I ever have. My family has watched the show from the beginning and I have watched on and off for years and I find the show very entertaining. Lynn Marie Latham and her team are the reason I started to DVR the show daily has opposed to random episodes I would read about in magazines. Even though Passions is so my favorite, when I am unable to watch it daily (luckily I have someone taping it for me when it goes to DIRECTV) Y&R will be the show I watch everyday, along with B&B. I hope the ratings don't go down any further and that the show excels.

• Members

You may be enjoying it, but the people who've been with Y&R for years and made it #1 are tuning out in droves. Latham came in and COMPLETELY changed the show. It was #1 as we know and to change everything that made it work was never going to be successful.

To top it off, Latham's writing is just awful and plot driven. She doesn't understand the characters with the vast majority of them acting like new people. It's no surprise people are bolting. As long as they keep Latham the show will continue it's downard spiral and Y&R will be in the same state as the other soaps.

What made the show so successful is that it was unique and such a step above the other soaps. Prior to Latham people could tune in and see Bill Bell's Y&R. Now? Dull reveals with no follow through, tons of dropped storylines, out of character behavior, Abbott's written out, tons of newbies, vets fired, Winters wasted and boring Brad and Pod!Victoria are shoved down our throats.

Her Y&R however fast it may be is very boring. She can't do the reveals and the drama and the catfights like classic Y&R. B&B is getting better and better now that they're filling the staff with former Y&R writers.

Archived