June 4-8, 2007

Toups

• Members

Darn those pre-emptions. I doubt EJami and Stefano had anything to do with the fall. It's just some wishful thinking on a Lumi fan's part. Anyway, if you look at Monday's ratings, it's a 2.3. If I'm not mistaken, 2.3 was the number Days carried each day the week prior. I think if there weren't any pre-emptions, Days would have stayed the same or rise. It's disappointing to see the ratings fall, but I think it's an outside factor that caused a whirlwind. Look at the other soaps. Most of them dropped, too.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually it was Thursday too. I think it was even mentioned in the daily thread last week and other sites have had people mention it was both Thursday and Friday too. It wasn't in every market but enough to cause issues. Friday was the only day it was noticeable but I also think it's fair to say that the 2.1 on Thursday would've been higher with Stefano's return, J&M, etc but it was likely held down.

The same will happen this week too with the golf preemptions today and Friday. It happened last year the first two weeks of Steve and Kayla's return. The show went down and then increased and stabilized from that point on after the preemptions.

• Members

For the same reason as Friday...tennis. I have heard posters on other Days boards mention this too. Plus, one poster on SON mentioned in the daily Thursday thread last week that Days was moved to late night because it was preempted Thursday as well. I wish Days just made Thursday and Friday last week and Thursday and Friday this week special episodes because this killed them last year and is killing them this year. I hate how the best things on Days have been happening on these days and preemptions are screwing with it. Ugh.

• Members

Damn...all those ratings suck.

GL's ratings don't really bug me anymore...they're only .2 behind ATWT and Days. :blink: It's obvious, though that Zimmer alone can't carry this show. They need to start getting old characters back.

With all the preemptions happening in the States, I'm really curious as to what the Canadian ratings are. Global and CH rarely interrupt the soaps..at least from what I've seen.

• Members

I doubt it, PR. Pre-emptions in a few markets cannot account for a -.4 drop from Monday to Friday (especially since Tuesday/Wednesday were unaffected). Even the VT massacre didn't cause that dramatic a drop and the pre-emptions were far more widespread that week.

• Members

I thought that summer brought new ratings for the teens who were out of school! Oh well...I do however agree with LML being horrific. What was so bad about J. Smith?

On behalf of GL, bringing Jonathan back may have a jump but I agree that older characters should be brought back. Quint and Nola (both of which have actors who are willing to come back) would have a major impact as well as Mindy & Phillip.

I was surprised that PAS went down. They have exciting story plots going on now but the show has such a bad rap that I don't think even an emmy win could fix that. Will PAS still be counted on the ratings when they go to DirectTV?

Archived