ATWT: Luke and Noah spoilers from TVGuide

• Members

Thanks goes to babakvialol for taking the time to type this up http://p205.ezboard.com/fbeautifulprosefrm...pic&index=5

Boy Meets Boy As the World Turns’ gay teen Luke (played by Emmy front-runner Van Hansis) is finally getting a love interest, more than a year after coming out of the closet. Some fans have expressed impatience with the delay, fearing the lack of lust meant ATWT was trying to whitewash Luke’s sexuality. “That was never the intention,” Hansis insists. “Waiting has made this a more realistic story, and it’s still not a love-at-first-sight sorta thing.” The set-up: On {Friday} June 1 Luke will meet Noah (Jake Silbermann) at the Oakdale TV station, where both are working as interns. Noah first appears to be straight and is wildly enticed by Luke’s gal pal Maddie. When the boys do hook up in July, expect fallout. Luke’s parents, Holden and Lily, have gradually come to terms with their kid being gay. “But now they’ll have to really deal withy it,” Hansis notes. “Accepting is one thing. Seeing their son with a boyfriend is something else.”.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They didn't need to immediately add a boyfriend, but Luke was almost completely dropped, mid-story. We never got to see him adjust at school and he really hasn't even been important in the family stories or with Jade. They completely kicked Luke to the curb and I think all the complaints is why he has a story.

Whatever the reason, I am looking forward to this. Hopefully they can spare a few minutes of Gwen/Will/Cleo to give Luke some airtime.

• Members

i love how ATWT has handled the story. both in nterms of how it was told and they way it has played out over time. its a soap opera, they tell a story, move on, then come back. you go from front to back to front to back again. Luke and his being gay was NOT pushed at the audiance. and thats a good thing.

• Members

I agree. I don't need the gay agenda to be pushed front and center just to satisfy certain people who feel that its a story that needs to be constantly focused on. I really didn't notice Luke's disapperance act back when he first came out. He had a story and it concluded so I was fine with it. I like how hes being brought back to the forefront in a subtle manner.

The only problem I see is that they didn't involve him a positive manner with Jade. Luke could have been the voice of reason for her stupid plots and made her change for the better. But instead he barely played a role.

However the storyline sounds really interesting. LOL at "hookup". So many dirty possiblities....is Holden gonna find Luke doing something naughty with Noah at The Snyder Farm!? Lol....yeah I could go into details but I don't want to gross people out...lol

Thanks for the spoilers!

• Members

I agree about the story, then the wait and now a story again.

I do think he should of been used more than he was the past six months or so and especially more in the drama with Faith and Lily and I didn't really like him being Jade's bitch.

• Members

There is no "gay agenda" here.They took the route of making him come out the closet and it is only natural that he would want to start exploring relationships. That is true of any homosexual AND heterosexual person; wanting to be with someone. The purpose of having him be gay was not only for storyline reasons but to bring in a new audience. Now what would be the point of him being gay if they weren't going to pair him up with someone eventually down the road? That would be pointless

• Members

Maybe not to you but to me it appears that people only want to see Luke because hes gay. Hence because hes gay they want him front and center regardless of whether he should be or shouldn't be. And while I'm gay and I am all for gay rights there are some arguments/causes that I find ridiculous. I don't hate Luke and I am anticipating this storyline a lot but I just think theres more to Luke than being gay and I don't see why people want to focus on him so much. Yes gay characters on tv are relatively new and its high time that we become mainstream or w/e. But I think doing that can be accomplished without complaining about whether or not there is a huge representation of them in the media.

As for the straight agenda it has been around far longer and was the basis of soaps to begin with right? Hence the sexy love scenes and mostly everything about soaps have almost all been heterosexual right? I doubt we're gonna see Luke and Noah doing the deed on ATWT this summer. Maybe a kiss but who knows? I wouldn't care either way but I think that a lot of traditional (and maybe conservative viewers...don't know how many watch ATWT) will be turned off by this story.

I'm just gonna wait to see if the ratings go up once Luke is onscreen a lot more. Then we'll see what people have to say. If they do go up is it only because of a huge fanbase of gays who are watching ATWT ONLY because it has a young and kinda attractive gay guy on it? Or will it be because TRUE fans of ATWT are starting to notice just how good the show has been for the past few months and how its continuing to improve?

• Members

i agree that after comming out a lot of people do explore it.

however a lot of people lso hol off and get use to being "out" before they start hooking up with anyone. and i sooo belive that with luke. he isnt the lets hookup kinda guy. hes the lets date kinda guy, IMO.

i agree he could have been used more recently, and id love down the line for him to have a story that NOTHING to do with his being gay.

• Members

I don't think the gay agenda was being pushed... in fact, I could have seen a lot of people raising a stink when they had the scenes between Maddie and Luke at Al's Diner. When ATWT airs scenes like that, that's when you wonder how serious they are about Luke having a boyfriend.

• Members

Here is the link to Noah's Myspace page, there is also a small video of him, so we can hear his voice for the first time before he airs. GOD he is so hot. http://www.myspace.com/atwtnoah

Here is the other Oakdale teen's pages http://myspace.com/atwtluke I am assuming once Noah airs that his will be included in the is section as well.

Archived