ATWT: Luke and Noah spoilers from TVGuide

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

New Article from latest SID June 12 issue:

Soap's Controversial New Love Story!

"It's going to be a different summer with no slashers killing people or people being pushed down stairs," says Van Hansis (Luke) of his latest storyline. " I think it's going to be more of a upbeat summer, where the drama comes out of emotions rather than actions. " But is daytime ready for it's first gay male love story?

The In Depth Story: With the introduction of Jake Silbermann as Noah Mayer on Friday, June 1, Luke will finally get his first boyfriend! The daytime newcomer says that when he auditioned for the role, he was told that he would be the love interest of another male character, and had no problem whatsoever with it." Silbermann admits. " It's acting, and it's a really interesting character. Luke had a great storyline last Summer, and I think this one is going to be just as interesting. I'm thrilled about it." Although the network's Standards and Practices will likely keep Luke and Noah's love story from being as physical as most soap romances, Silbermann says he's willing to turn up the heat. "Whatever is appropriate," the actor muses. " Not a problem. I want to make the character as full-bodied and real as I possibly can."

• Members

I have been meaning to comment on this and just say ICAM with your whole post but especially the bolded part. I have thought that for a while that the only reason people want to see Luke on screen is because he is gay. Though I don't mind this storyline with Noah at all. I will be curious as to how it will turn out.

• Members

To a degree some fans do turn in for just that reason, but then there are fans like me and several others that have been watching way before Luke, so it really is not true in that case. And I don't know about alot of other Luke fans but I would love a storyline with him that had nothing to do with him being Gay, the show had 9 months to do something with him that did not involve him being Gay and they choose not to, so yes most fans what to see Luke, because he has been missing for almost a year, and if the show is only going to show the Gay side of Luke then I guess that is why we will tune into watch him for. Not our choice that is the shows choice.

• Members

I don't think people want to see Luke just because he is gay. Sure some do, but not all of us. I've been watching the show for a long time and have "known" Luke since he was born. I've watched him grow up and he's part of an important family in Oakdale. He's also played by a talented actor. I care about the character and want to see him more. The show chose to make him gay so I want to see that played out. I don't want to see his only story being about him being gay. He should be seen as much as any character in Oakdale. He happens to be gay but that isn't all that he is. They should explore all facets of his character. Just because he's gay doesn't mean he shouldn't be seen just as much as any of the other "teens."

• Members

Something that bugs the hell out of me is how people opened their arms and embraced the character of Noah even when he was nothing more than an audition script floating around the internet. The character hasn't even debut yet on the show, but people are already listing him as one of their favorites, someone they want to see everyday, etc.

I want to see this story just like anybody else does, but a new character is a new character to me, no matter who it is. I'm not warming up to the actor or the character until I actually see him on the screen.

People did the exact same thing back when AMC announced that Mimi would be coming back when a new man, Garrett Williams. I'll never forget actually reading a post, maybe a week or so before they showed up on screen, where a person here on SON said that they "want to see people who are good, rootable characters, like [insert list of AMC characters] and Garrett." It made absolutely no sense to me why a character who had absolutely no history and hadn't even debut on the show yet would be considered "good, rootable."

• Members

That was something that bugged me as well. I remember when Jake Silberman when the GLAAD awards with Van Hansis that people started getting excited then becuase that was when we found out Luke was getting a boyfriend. I mean people already had "Nuke" banners saying they would be the hottest couple in Oakdale.

• Members

Right. But how can Luke and Noah as a couple even have fans yet if they've never had a scene together, ever. There is quite a possibility that the chemistry sucks between Van and Jake. Or, *gasp*, Jake might not be that great of an actor.

I'm not saying that people shouldn't be exicted about it, because I mean, I'm excited about it myself and I can't wait for Noah to debut and for Noah and Luke to start inching towards each other. But until then, I'm not gonna act as if they are already the best damn thing on the show when I have absolutely nothing to back that up with.

• Members

My thoughts exacly AMS. These same people are even already encourging the rest of their group to vote for Luke and Noah in the SID/SOD polls for hottest couple thing thats in there. I mean more power to them and they have a right to do that but like you said its ridiculous to do that when you havn't even seen them together on screen yet.

• Members

If someone wants to enjoy the show and look forward to something, who the hell cares? Why not encourage them instead of tearing them down. All people do is bitch so true fans should be happy that a segment of fans, any segment, is happy about something.

Please. There are a bunch of bigoted fools out there already campaigning AGAINST storyless Luke. I have seen Paul/Emily boards, Gwen/Will boards, Dusty/Lucy boards and all kinds of other things started when a couple was just announced or after one scene together. SID lists Jade/Will as a hot couple to vote for. They are NOT a couple. If anyone has a problem with people being excited about Nuke, there's a bias there because this happens with every damned couple.

GO NUKE!

Archived