It's the Matt Ashford - Jack Deveraux admiration thread

Evan

• Members

My all time favorite male soap character is DAYS Jack Deveraux, in particular Matt Ashford's Jack.

I first started watching DAYS in the late 1980s when Matt took over the role of Jack Deveraux and I immediately fell in love with this actor and his character. IMO, there has been no better soap couple than Jack/Jennifer at their prime in the late 1980s and early 1990s.

What a pity TIIC at DAYS don't give MA the SLs an actor of his talent deserves.

Any other Ashford fans? :D:D

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like him. Always have. Am not a big Jack and Jenn fan, though. I feel that Jennifer drags the character down. He could be so much more if he wasn't saddled with her, and ITA about Jack and Sami. The show really missed the boat on that one.

• Members

Well I'm both a Jack fan and a J&J fan. This storyline is seriously killing me though. How many times does Jack have to "die"/almost die. It's time to stop the madness and let Matt show off his acting chops. He's versatile and has good chemistry across the board (it's a shame Alexis Thorpe isn't on the show right now. I could use some Jack/Cassie scenes :wub: ). For heaven's sake, use him dammit!

• Members

I agree, Jack Deveraux is one of the most complex and wonderful characters in daytime history, he's definitely my favorite male character of all time. He has so many layers and Matthew Ashford has done a great job with him. He's so many things, funny, jaded, cynical, loving, and really too many things for me to list here. I adore him. Always will. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

So Jack's "dead" again huh? What a waste of this man's extraordinary talent. Days and Reilley need to better utilize Matt. It's a shame his talents are gonig to waste.

I know he was only a OLTL briefly, and his story was so full of holes, but watching him after he was revealed as the Music Box Killer just gave me chills. When Stephen kidnapped Rae and massaged her neck with that scarf, I literally started shaking. The man is just that good.

Nikki

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived