DAYS Wednesday: 5/9/07

• Members

Kev, you know I dont miss a show! I have maybe missed 2 this year. I had finals this week and I also moved back home, so I am watching Monday, Tuesday, and todays show tonight and I cant WAIT!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't see the Steve and Kayla's daughter vibe either. Steve was wild and rebellous because of what he went through in his life. Things that Much beloved Stephanie never did...So whatever happened in Dayton better be good. Or at least SH needs to give us little physical hints of vunerability, or hidden pain ...something!

• Members

That's the thing with how they play "rebel" these days, it always manages to come off as petulant and spoiled, I feel ... the stories aren't there to back up the angst, and characters are so young that it comes off as really precocious instead of deep-seated. No offense to the younger actors but it's just very unlikely that they'll have the gravitas to really pull off straight-forward rudeness in that really deeply angsty way, nor would they have the honed intuition to inflect nuance into it ... I'm not trying to say she's an significantly bad actress, but it takes a significantly good one to pull off that heavy stuff, and it's not even easy as a seasoned actor much less a newbie. Maybe she'll improve though, but in the meantime she comes off as really indulgent, just another member of the Paris Hilton generation (okay so she's not that bad yet but ... you know what I mean). I think the big thing when a young character feels annoying is precociousness, people just don't like precociousness. If all the fuss and noise outreaches the depth and experience, I think people just don't have the time for it.

And the fact that they keep putting it all down to Dayton cracks me up! But maybe we'll find out more about her mindset as we go on.

• Members

Great ending...the montage was excellent..I'm glad they included the "home to me" dance, that could be my alltime favorite lumi moment...I even think i might have that on tape somewhere...I was expecting the picture to show up in the very last scene, not the scene prior...So that surprised me...I loved the end with Sami crying, can't wait for tomorrow..

I will say the stephanie, chelsea, and nick scenes were kind of out of place...Everytime they showed Stephanie's legs, i wondered if Nick was looking up her dress....And did Stephanie fall out the car???? I couldn't really tell..

• Members

I am the opposite of Kirk. I've maybe watched 25 full episodes so far in 2007, and 15 of them were probably in January!

But, yeah, Kev, I will definitely watch! The show has been great all week.

Definitely starting the summer off with a bang! Let's get those college kids hooked now. Ratings, por favor!

• Members

Hopefully all those important Nielsen viewers tuned in this week as well, and are getting back into it. Fingers crossed they can maintain this storyline pace and exictment through the summer.

• Members

I LOVED Today's episode. I cannot wait for tomorrow, and to be honest, it's been a long while since ANY soap has left me feeling with such a craving for more. I've been trying to keep away from spoilers as much as I can lately, hoping not knowing what's to come will peak my interest, so I really have no idea what's instore for us tomorrow. I just pray it won't be a let down and we don't get the same story where Sami losses it all. If they all just give her the chance to explain, and not only understand, but accept and commend her for the sacrifice she made, I think I just might begin worshipping the God that is Hogan Sheffer.

• Administrator

I thought the wedding ceremony was underwhelming. I hate when they just say the standard wedding vows. I prefer original vows because it makes the wedding more meaningful, more personal, more intimate.

Here are some examples:

^^^^

My favourite. I wonder who wrote it.

• Members

I would've loved long vows but I knew we wouldn't get them. This wedding was very unconventional, as I said in my other posts, and we have been down this road so many times with Sami. It was likew reversing the curse by avoiding thr typical things like a veil, groom seeing the bride, and so on. I think most fans are just happy that it happened. The reception seemed to have more emphasis and I feel that the poem Lucas read and what is coming up will fulfill the void left by not having the long vows IMO.

• Members

Yup, I watched, and I loved it. I am starting to feel the old Lumi magic again. The wedding was unique and simple, yet very nice; plus the montage was a great plus.

However, I was indifferent to the Steve/Kayla stuff…and I was praying that Steph ate pavement.

Archived