DAYS Wednesday: 5/9/07

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If this is what Max is going to be doing, I'd rather he and Darin written out. You promised no more incest, Hoagie!

That said, the main storyline was great. I sadly missed Tuesday, but I'm glad I didn't miss this! Ponz said it best. What the show needs is a great, dynomite intro and equally phenom end, with all the great character driven stuff in the middle. We saw that today and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!

The flashbacks were great, in addition to the actual slideshow. Though I'm not pleased Elvis figured yet another way to have his dirty little fingers in everything, the picture showing up like that was great. And I loved how everything played out even before the picture- Will & Maggie's small banter over the surprise, Marlena talking about Eric, Maggie mentioning Bill, and then the attention to the date, Kate's smugness, and the beginning of Sami's tearful confession.

The teen story had no place here. I really don't understand what they're trying to go for with this new Stephanie. I'm over the Shayna vs. Shelley thing, but seriously. She looks like a Horton, not a Brady/Johnson. And then, she's a millions hades a different character. Between the timing, the lack of real different characterization (as others have said, she's just Chelsea II), and everything else, I say they should have kept Shayna on recurring. I realize she'll be an important link for Jeremy coming on later, but honestly, I don't care. Maybe they supposed Stephanie the Sweet was too far from Chelsea to be considered her friend, with Abby filling the sweet role. I just ain't buying Dayton Ohio being such a change for her. Though someone pointed out to be that the actress often slips aqnd says Daytona, which would make sense :lol: And are we seriously supposed to believe that a serious racecar driver would get a virtual high off of joyriding? And Chelsea, just getting her license back, is all for it? Given her history, that's a slap in the face to anyone who DOES care about the character. I'm all for her not being perfect, but come on. She shouldn't need another, similar wake-up call.

So as good as the wedding was, there were other plot-enforce dmoments like this that drove me up the wall.

The scenes between Steve and EJ near the end, though? Ooh. I definitely see the turning point. Steve is determined to stay himself. When I saw EJ pull the card out, I was yelling at Steve not to look, and he resisted at first. It was different than before. He's learned. I'm actually semi-excited about this story, now that the dynamics are slightly different. Very slightly.

• Administrator

You were crying? You're sucha wuss, buddy. LOL ;)

Great episode!! Loved the choice of flashbacks (even though I hated those stupid special effects.....why can't they just use the original footage???.....stupid Wyman) and loved how the EJ/Sami photo revelation......it was so unexpected.

• Members

Tired of the orange tint. Stephanie hanging out of the sunroof was just stupid. Good the idiots got pulled over. There goes Steph, didn't see that one coming. :rolleyes:

Loved the wedding, I like how everyone cheered, all happy that Sami finally got it right.

It was great to mention John, Eric, Alice, and Bill. (may have missed someone)

When EJ walked into the chapel, the look on Sami's face and holding her hand over her heart. Glad he didn't stop the wedding.

The montage was wonderful, brought back so many Lumi memories and some tears. Cripes sake Kate, leave your son and his wife alone. Roman, why must you question Sami then and there. Let her be happy for 5 flippin minutes.

Can we just tear up that stupid tarot card.

• Members

Oh, I love how everyone turned around to see EJ at the back of the church. Suspense!!! EJ has reached Stefano DiMera status in my book.

I'm loving the hearbeat music. OMG! As I'm watching, they're playing the slow motion of Steve and Kayla's scenes intercutting the wedding scenes. I may just die right now. DAYS is actually doing something well in production wise. OMG EJ is like an icon standing at the church in front of everyone. Everyone's eyes are fixated on him. AHHH! TOo much, too much!

• Members

I liked the shots as well.

Sami always falls at her weddings, if she wouldn't have fallen, it would have not been a Sami wedding.

I missed some of the points everyone has pointed out, looks like I will have to watch it again, it was a wonderful show, so I don't mind.

• Members

Why is Chelsea allowed to drive?

Marlena pimping the green wedding was awful. I couldn't help but feel embarrassed for her. And THAT HAIR!!! Did she not brush it or did the crazy humidity get to it.

Kate looks awful. Did she wrap some wrinkled sheet of paper around herself?

I haven't watched in two months. And Steve and Kayla's story is STILL in the same place. Sheesh...

• Members

i haven't watched yet, but i'm fine with Days/Marlena pimping the green wedding...The show does supposedly have this budget issue, so this was a great way for Days to get most of the wedding payed for...They also got a lot of publicity by having a green wedding, and are able to raise awareness on being environmentally friendly...

The show is on in an hour, for the first time in a long time i'm so excited to watch it..

• Members

You know, while this is on my mind, this new Stephanie and Shayna's Stephanie I can totally see going at each other. They are like the exact opposite of each other. And Shayna had something that just said "Steve and Kayla's daughter". This girl doesn't, really.

LOVING Lumi stuff so far. Though the ceremony was rushed, I have watched ton of Sami weddings before so I was happy to get this one done. :lol:

Ugh, even though MBE is in the role now, I don't like seeing Josh Taylor's Roman kiss Kayla. Longtime viewers will know why.

Archived