DAYS Wednesday: 5/9/07

• Members

Before I read anyone's responses to the episode, let me just say that I've been waiting all day to get online so that I can post about this episode!

DAYS felt like DAYS again. This was, without a doubt, the best episode of the year. Character interactions, family moments, happy moments and dramatic moments. My sister called me on the phone when it aired and said, "Oh my God, Sami actually got married, without something stopping it!" She was stunned by that alone, and I told her to keep watching... to which she replied, "Noooo! Kate's going to ruin it, isn't she?" Not quite!

The first segment was great. I loved the slow-motion and the cutting back and forth between Steve/Kayla being attacked and EJ's entrance to the church. I've been waiting for a dramatic "it's all been leading up to this" type of segment for some time now -- we actually got one! It reminded me of GH and their slow-mo bits like that, which I love (so long as it's not overdone).

Two things, though. Marlena's hair and outfit look like crap. What a two second job! And Kate? My word! Her jacket was wrinklier than Bea Arthur's tits, and her hair? Christ almighty! It looked as if she'd just woken up from a drunken and suicidal stupor... which, in all honesty, she probably did, so I suppose it fits the story, LoL.

I loooooved the Sami/Lucas montage, looking back at them over the years. Not only was it fabulous and we got to see clips of the original Reilly-era Sami and Lucas (partners in crime!), but it also reminded me that the "Sami Brady" marathon on SoapNet is coming up this weekend! LoL Can't wait to see the episode where Sami and Lucas make love for the first time -- I'm a sucker for 90's Days, any episodes!

EJ and Steve in the warehouse or... wherever he was... good stuff! It set up the next motion of this story, with Steve on assignment to murder Bo. I'm actually looking forward to seeing how that plays out, because I'm expecting that it'll end with a climax rather than just go on and on as it's been for the past several months.

Today's episode felt like a Jim Reilly episode from the 90's. All his wedding episodes took place with the majority of the action happening at the wedding, with only one side-story playing in contrast, such as today with Steve and Kayla. You could also feel a sense of drama building towards a climax at the end, but it kept stringing you along and teasing you until the final second... just like JER. I'm not sure how to pinpoint it exactly, but today seriously felt like a "classic JER" episode. I felt like I was back in the 90's again, and I loved it!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I felt Lucas' Irish prayer (it was an Irish prayer right?) was the equivalent of the old personalized vows. I do wish they'd spent more time on the actual ceremony but the reception was where the good stuff was.

Keith -- I lobster love it too!

• Members

OH! Another classic moment that I forgot to mention was when Sami asked Kate if she could call her "mom" now.

KATE: "No, no... you can still just call me Kate."

I love this episode! God. The ratings better go up for this week or there's no justice in the world. Days should submit this episode next year for Drama Series. Of course, we all know it won't mean sh!t, but this episode had it all. Humor, drama, heartbreak... great stuff.

• Members

This is so good!!! Darrin Brooks is so hot!! DAYS was on fire today...just started watching it, but everytime during a wedding I hear, "I will love/cherish/etc...all the days of our lives." I tear up!! So beauitful!!!

• Members

It was a good episode. My favorite part was the reveal and Roman and Marlena's reaction instantaneously turning to Sami and her pitiful look and Lucas wanting to hug her to protect her from anything mean. It's going to be very soul cleansing for Sami to at last do what she should have done from the beginning...tell the truth.

I couldn't believe how wild Stephanie was. As far as we know, she was not drinking but she surely was drunk. Chelsea got caught up in her wild nature being as it's in her blood, apparently. Poor Nick looking like he hooked up with two lunatics. I suppose Stephanie gets hurt but not too bad. How lucky for her. I saw a silly girl about like her dancing around the back of a pickup and the truck hit a bump and she fell out onto her head. I'm not sure she lived through that. It was horrifying to witness.

• Members

I'm watching it again on SoapNet right now, and how did I miss this before?! LMAO!

Kate has a poem of her own for Sami...

"May the road rise up to slap her in the back, and may the wind beat at her face."

Sweet, Kate. So sweet!

• Members

I just watched all 3 shows this week back to back to back and they were all good, but today's show was just awesome! I honestly think the first scene was by far the best scene I have seen all year. I like slow-mo scenes and with the heartbeat as the background music I was on the edge of my seat. Going back and forth from the Lumi wedding and Steve being kidnapped was very suspenseful. DAYS hasn't always been the best with fight scenes, but I thought the few punches thrown in the slo-mo bit looked real for once. Kudos to everyone who had a hand in this scene.

Like many others have already said this episode had everything. Suspense, drama, family moments, humor, just everything a soap should have. I really hope the ratings go up .+3 for this current week. Thursday's show looks to be just as good.

Has Julie Pinson ever looked so good, Billy must be doing all the right things because Julie has never looked better IMO. I wish for once the writers would give Billie an actual storyline outside of wanting Bo for the millionth time. I wish they could have her becoming a closet drunk because of Chelsea or her life in general. I know Pinson would knock it out of the park, plus Koslow, Melvin, and Datillo would rock right along side her.

What in the hell was Marlena wearing? And that hairstyle or lack thereof was just pitiful, Dee has such good hair use it people! I am just glad Marlena is being used more.

I just adore Suzanne Rogers, even her little tiny scenes rock. I know it won't happen, but I wish Maggie had her own SL for once. I know some don't care but I think DAYS needs to address the Mickey issue. I was almost in tears when they mentioned Alice, knowing Frances would have loved to have been there.

I might run out of my car when I get off of work, run inside and put DAYS on immediately. It's so good to be excited about DAYS like this, I truly wish some would try going spoiler free because its even better that way.

• Members

God, so make cute moments in today's episode that I missed earlier.

Billie, on the phone leaving a message to Chelsea... "Where are you? Get over here. Shake a tailfeather... ha!"

Archived