MAJOR Shooting at Virginia Campus...

KLN

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^^Exactly, thats my point. So far, this is twice as worse as Columbine, in terms of the # of deaths. So my question is WHY, when Columbine was all over the main TV channels (ABC, CBS, NBC)?

Is it bc high school is worse than college? Children vs. Young adults? I sure as hell don't think so - a life is a life - but I'm trying to understand the rationale here.

• Members

Exactly. Although so often that doesn't stop them. I also wonder if they are concerned that covering it too much encourages copy cats. I mean, the 24/7 coverage when there is really nothing to report. I'm not suggesting that they shouldn't report whatever new info they do have.

• Members

Yeah, IA. The shooter is dead so there's no stand off or anything breaking anymore. All they have is a death count, not a who or why. I'm sure once all the details start trickling in they'll give them to the people. I was reading at CNN.com and it sounds like something has been brewing for awhile. They'd had a few bomb threats before, one written, just in the last month. And is said the two shoots were two hours apart.

Such a sad situation. :(

• Members

I am not one to cry but I couldnt help to get a little emotional about all this because I currently live in a dorm and it made me think of some people I know in my dorm dying. I am so outraged at all this and deeply saddened for all who are going to be affected by this. I just feel so bad for the parents and families of those who are going to lose their loved one at such a young age in such an historic, horrific event!

• Administrator

Was Columbine happening live when the networks found out about the situation? If so, maybe that's why it was all over tv because it was happening live.

In this situation, the events happened in the morning with no new events.

Global TV in Canada interuppted DAYS for about 5 mins for this news.

• Members

They just said that the President of France (whose name I can't spell) has sent his condolescenes to Bush. I'm sure others have as well.

C-SPAN2 has live coverage of the two Virginia Senators discussing it now, and are about to have a prayer and a moment of silence.

This is all quite sad....the largest mass school shooting in this country, and also the largest mass shooting anywhere in the US.

Such a tradegy.

Archived