MAJOR Shooting at Virginia Campus...

KLN

• Members

Just tragic and 32 dead for no apparent reason. Its senseless tragedies like this which make you question why things are the way they are. My thoughts and prayers go out to the victim,s their families and anyone who was affected by this tragedy. :(

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was leaving class too. That shooting could have easily happened here.

My thoughts and prayers are with the families of those who have been ouched by this. Some people just have no humanity.

Thankfully, my friend is alright and wasn't harmed.

Obiously, the details are still coming in, but the cops made the wrong assumption to allow a TWO HOUR lapse in between shootings. What a no good bastard. I hope he is rotting in hell.

• Members

I heard it was an Asian male with a maroon hat and leather hat; this was directly from the victims.

MSNBC reported that he got into a fight with his ex girlfriend. The RA intervened and he killed them both. The police thought it was an isolated domestic situation.

• Members

It's like I just told a friend from VA, we're never allowed to argue again. It could have easily been her school or mine, and the thought of losing each other like that...it's unimaginable.

There was someone on campus today, who worked for the school paper, and he was stopping people asking us if after today do we feel safe? And I said, " Until today, I never once felt unsafe (even last semester when there was a serial rapist on the loose). But after today, I'm never going to feel the same. I'm never going to feel like we're safe inside these walls, because we aren't." It could have been any school.

My school looks us down if someone so much as sneezes wrong. I find it very hard to believe that they didn't lock down the campus, at least until the suspect had been caught. I mean, the chances that he was still on campus were very high.

It's just soooooooooooo sad. :(

• Members

Okay, yall.

A terrible, horribly atrocious tragedy has just happened. Let's use this thread for uplifting messages of thought, concern and prayer. Let's use this thread as a method of reporting new information re: the shooting.

But let's try and keep this thread anti-confrontational. This isn't about the president. This is about a sick, twisted person, a lost soul...who decided to take the fate of God knows how many people into his own hands.

• Members

I was watching one of the press conferences and I got the impression that they were talking to a person of interest at the time that the 2nd shooting happened, it almost appeared to me that there could have been 2 different shooters. Did anyone else happen to catch that?

• Members

I had this on the radio at my job today, and I couldn't help but cry. It makes me think of Columbine all over again, and I hated that and was very upset then. My best friend used to go there, and I kept going in my head, "What if he was still there?" I just don't understand why ppl do what they do, but it is very upsetting and saddening to see what it has come to

• Members

Why couldn't the SOB have just killed himself, why take so many others with him? :(

I keep thinking, had they just lockedown the school, cancelled classes would this have still happend?

I guess I'm just used to my school. Where if someone even murmured about a bomb or a gun on campus we'd be locked down so fast, our heads would spin.

God, this is just sooooo sad.

• Members

For once I agree with you...

this isn't about Bush....it's about victims and their friends and families.

There will be plenty of time to bash Bush later on....but for now, let's focus on what happened at that campus.

May all the victims RIP.

This is truly a tradegy. Very, very sad. :(

• Members

Last semester we had a serial rapist on campus (8 that we know of, but I heard there was at least 2 more) and all my classes are in a building in the South part of campus, and I remember telling my mom that I didn't feel like it was safe down there. We're not isolated from the rest of the school, but it takes time (at least 10 minutes maybe more) to get from upper to lower campus. And I was worried how long it would take campus police to get there if something happened.

After today, I keep thinking, what the hell would we do if this happened on my campus? Where are we going to go? How could the cops get to us before it became mass casulaties? This really makes you think. And not in good ways. It seems a nightmare, and at the same time...so very really.

Though, I'm holding my friends and family a little closer tonight. :)

It's all so senseless. :(

Archived