ATWT: New Opening Debuts on April 30th

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nope. LOL.

What about the fact that the cast shots are so horribly mis-matched between filmed/taped shots and it's grossly obvious. What about the fact that most of the cast shots are just so damn cheesy?! It makes the show look cheap and quite frankly doesn't even explain to new viewers what the identity of this show is. Instead of being a show about longstanding tradition, it's a show about a cast whose Executive Produicer was too cheap to update everyone's opening credit shot.

Even though PASSIONS is, for the most part, a crap show, I respect it for bucking the trend of getting an opening credit sequence with photos. The same for DAYS OF OUR LIVES. You see the show's identity in their opening credit sequences: DAYS is the multi-generational soap about people's lives of romance, heartache and suffering never ending. PASSIONS is the quirky, New England soap that is just as cheesy as its opening credits song. It's just way easier not to worry about updating an opening title sequence if there are no cast members in the shot, and it makes the show way more about what it's about than about who is in the show. We watch the show everyday...we already know who's in the cast.

The only ones I feel can completely get away with pictures in their opening credit sequence are Y&R and B&B, because both of those serials were completely built on beauty and power. And maybe AMC because of the scrapbook(not in its current opening).

And because every other soap does it, that means ATWT should do it too? GH's opening sucks ass because it has nothing to do with a hospital. It's about a dark and dreary city overrun by misogyny and mob activity. That has nothing to do with the title of the show or the tradition of the series.

And, although the theme music isn't THAT bad, I much prefer Jelinda's Theme to the current opening we have. But you'll find lots of people disagree with me on that one too. LOL.

• Members

Is that definite? If so cool. Although the show is good enough for me right now. Her coming back will be better. Even though its without Simon... :( ! I'm just glad Simon didn't run out on her like he did Katie.

Looking forward to tomorrow though. Only problem I have with my Daytime schedule is that ATWT and OLTL come on during the SAME hour. If it could switch times with AMC I'd be set.

• Members

It's not really a definite thing, it is more wishful thinking on my part, though I do think it will be better, just by some of the spoilers it does seem like it will be heading in a better direction, other than that the main reason why I have what I have in my siggy is because of something that took place here at SON in regards to the month of MAY, it is just my way of being funny as a comeback of what happened.

Archived