DAYS: Corday speaks in SOD -

• Members

I still wonder how much of this was Hogan and now much Corday.

As I said, Corday sounds extremely sincere and depressed here and is taking blame but he is also deflecting blame on leads in and Passions and such. He is all over the place here so I am not ready to go off on Hogan yet. I do think Hogan needs to say something though. It's odd for him to stay quiet.

Having said that, the show was never horrible. Horribly unbalanced, yes. Slowed down pace, yes. It was never bad. It as still light years ahead of where it has been. Hogan is still new to Days so maybe he was trying a different rotation to get those stories going since Bo, Hope, John, and Marlena were in heavy rotation in the Fall. Now he has all those other stories set up to go so that is one positive out of all this and they have built some future couples so good for them. Now it's back to the vets so I am ready to enjoy this and enjoy a great summer of Days. Other shows would've gotten away with this and not seen their ratings reach record lows but Days is fanbase-driven so it would never work here. Hogan learned that and Corday learned it again. Again, some positives did come out of this and I think that means good things for us from now on because they recognize they can't do this again.

Another positive is this ends the debate of what was going on and I am glad. It was getting tiresome always speculating and all of us going off on one another about who was right and so on. We can just put all that to rest now and move on and watch the changes. Hopefully, by this time next month, we can all be enjoying the show again. I can't wait to see Hogan write this stuff. We know he can do it justice based on his first few months so I am looking forward to it.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, thankfully, most of us have his number but good....you cannot believe a thing he says to the press. KA's contract is up and I've not heard that she has renewed yet, so he cannot talk about her in the future until that is taken care of. It's a pretty well given, but not a certain.

He talked about the DiMera's as if they were not the active story RIGHT NOW. Does he even know that EJ is making the fans ill?

The only thing I loved about what he said was bringing the story back to DAYS and I thought that meant getting the on-the-run story back home to deal with reality. He didn't explain at all why the big 4 were not being written for. He was lying and covering up big time. It would be very good to hear the plain truth for a change.

• Members

So he admits he lied? Wow... this whole interview was Corday knowing he screwed the fans and knowing he did wrong. This is the most depressed and sincere I have ever seen him. He knows now it's crunch time. I think this time he means it. He has to mean it if he wants his show to survive.

It should be a fun May and summer. It's so funny how these Plan to save Days covers appear usually in Spring/April :lol: .

It's like it's a tradition like no other (totally stole the slogan for those CBS golf commercials but I though it was appropriate). You can always count on a Plan to Save Days cover once a year followed by months of good stuff before there is some sort of problem again and the cycle begins again :lol:

• Members

My friend usually gets SOD earlier then me and sometimes emails me scoops if I don't get them from here or elsewhere beforehand and she emailed me a few more interesting quotes not posted yet that I will copy/paste here:

DIGEST: The show is in crisis mode. Does that alarm you?

CORDAY: Of course, it does! And it's very easy to point the fingers the other way.

DIGEST: But you're not.

CORDAY: Can't. You have to look in the mirror.

DIGEST: Looking back, would you have made a different decision regarding Peter [Reckell, Bo], Kristian [Alfonso, Hope], Drake [Hogestyn, John], and Deidre's [Hall, Marlena] airtime?

CORDAY: No, I wouldn't have made a different decision because it was a conscious decision on all of our parts to shift story to Patch and Kayla for the six months. Now that story comes to an end, we realize Bo and Hope need to be at the front of the show again, as do John and Marlena. Yes, we're fixing it, but I can't second guess.

How stupid can he be? I am telling you this was more him then Hogan. He probably misintepreted all the cries for more airtime for Patch and Kayla last year when they first came back and thought they could carry the show. Patch and Kayal suffered horribly from the transition and that is why they weren't on but Hogan had them getting a fair amount of airtime at first so there was no need to dedicate the next 6 months to them. Idiot...I like how he doesn't acknowledge the young characters or new character as part of the blame. He is focusing so much blame on Patch and Kayla and it sucks. I know they aren't going anywhere because Hogan loves MBE and Corday needs them as his 3rd supercouple but he seems very miffed that their return hasn't worked out. He does seem rather sincere in blaming himself this time. Hopefully, all parties learned from this and we could get alot of positives out of this if all this is worth the hype.

I think there is more quotes in the article but I don't have them from my friend. Maybe Angela has anymore that haven't been posted. She told me there were a few interesting quotes and sent me some that were already posted and these two that weren't. Either way, interesting read.

• Members

Why the [!@#$%^&*] is Bart coming back? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

If I'm to take Corday at his word, I presume a lot of Sheffer's newbie characters are to be axed or sent to the backburner.

And, if I was a Steve/Kayla fan, I wouldn't be feeling too good after reading the interview. It seems to me Corday is blaming SN/MBE for the bad ratings, unfairly in my opinion! :angry:

And Phoenix: I doubt very much we'll see much more of Matt Ashford, with or without a Jennifer recast. :(

• Members

He's recurring and Judi Evans said she was excited to be working with him. He will be there and I am more sure then ever we will see him some more because Corday is looking at characters recent fans know and Jack is one of them.

I agree about Bart. He takes away from the Dimera essence and should be nowhere near this show. I like Steve Blackwood but he isn't needed.

• Members

I think it was part budget but mostly his insane reasoning that he wanted to try other things.

HE ALWAYS DOES THIS AND IT ALWAYS FAILS.

When the HELL is he going to wake up?

And oh ... the reason Frances Reid hasn't be used. She's ill due to osteoperosis, and supposed dementia. I'm in tears right now hearing that. It's from the board that shall not be named and it's pretty reliable with it's scoops. She's done with DAYS, and has been since December.

I hope to god it's wrong though.

• Members

And rumor has it that Willow is out and Hogan wanted to write for the vets but Corday said no and wanted the younger folks. So ... I really don't buy he fired who he did for budget reasons. Renee Jones never should of been fired. She better be first on the list to be brought back.

• Members

I think rumors can go back and fourth all along the way. But the difference here is that Corday came flat out and said something in print. It's out there, it's "official". It is Hogan's job to refute it to keep his reputation in line or else it will forever go down in history as official according to what Corday says. Corday pretty much said Hogan was a complete failure considering his remarks on the very sharp decline and that too so rapidly. Hogan should come out and speak. He is known for his open-ness rite?

Archived