DAYS: Corday speaks in SOD -

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, me, too, Kenny.

15 years ago is when I fell in love with the show. I don't need the SLs from back then recycled and replicated. I just want the core characters of days (like Marlena, Bo, etc) given some exciting and well-written SLs that ring true. SLs that are of the same quality as back in the day.

• Members

The man is clueless.

Less than ten years ago, he said that he wanted to 'move away from supercouples' because the 'supercouple' limits you to what you can write, creatively.

Now, it's the supercouples he depends on.

Last year, he said that they were phasing the DiMeras out because it was best for the show. Now, he's bringing them back and calling it the 'tried and true forumula.'

Back and forth, back and forth. The man doesn't know what works and what doesn't, because he's an I-D-I-O-T.

What's the deal, Corday? Which side of your mouth are you talking about of today?

• Members

Wholeheartedly agree. These ratings crises come up about once a year now, so this time I am not really holding my breath. I am not too excited about Tony returning, because I was not too crazy about him ala 2003. He can stay in prison for all I care. I am all about Stefano right now if they are trying to focus on the DiMera's again. I was a bit confused by the "15 years ago" statement as well. Was the show bad 15 years ago or something? Adrienne is coming back...wasn't she on like 15 years ago?? So what exactly *is* that? Interesting... Well, in any case, this time DAYS will have to deliver more on a long-term basis, than doing these short-term ratings stunts they usually do before going off track again, because they're future *literally* depends on it this time. 2009 is oh so far, but oh so close! So we shall see I guess.

• Members

That, too! When I read Corday blaming Passions for the decline in Days ratings, I was like, "WTF?! Days airs before Passions in most markets!"

It's funny to me that Corday would even say that, though. He's basically saying, "Well, crap. We thought we could write a crap show and just depend on the greatness of the surrounding shows to hold us up..." I'd be embarassed!

• Members

corday KNOWS what the reason for the low ratings are.yet every year he is doing it again,maybe hoping that this time it wont cause a drop and he will get his own twisted version of the show no one else is interested in.

good written stories with the characters people want to see will bring him good ratings.look at B&C in 2002.and he had to fire them because of dena's "amazing" future plans.

• Members

Jason47 has posted on another board that it's looking likely that the character of BART will be returning around the same time as Tony.

Bart. Bart, the idiotic DiMera sidekick. The fool. The "such a bad character he's embarassing to watch" dude.

BART.

I could vomit right now. Bart is supposed to save the show as part of the DiMera fold?

...BART?

I would spit fire right now if I could. They pass up Eileen, but want to bring back motherfucking BART?

• Members

I am glad we heard more in depth stuff from him. I want to hear the rest out of SOD but here are my thoughts:

First off, good for SOD calling Corday a liar. I am glad. He did lie and say they were going to be onscreen and they weren't.

Secondly, about Tony, I think he is only the beginning. Stefano IS coming back folks. The same sources around the net that started hinting at Tony are hinting at Stefano. I think that is what Corday meant by the last 15 years comment. It would not surprise me to also Jack and a recast Jen return now either since they are recent. He may think that will help. They missed the boat on Kristen but I thinl if written well a Tony return can be great. He is the type of character Hogan can do great things for but we'll see. I am not happy about Bart returning but whatever. I also think Lexie will be back my mid-summer at the latest.

Now that comment was a major dig at Steve and Kayla and he can't blame them for this. The transition killed them and focusing on them day in and day out is what is hurting them. I don't think he will write them out and if he does I will pissed. I do think he will pull back on them a bit. Just because they weren't mentioned means nothing.

One thing I got from this interview is that it sounds like Corday is admitting failure. It sounds like backburnering the vets and focusing on who was focused on was his doing. If it were Hogan's, Corday would be choosing his words a little more wisely and would be trying to skirt around the issue of what needs changing and so on. He just seems so down during this interview and it tells me that the past few months were his little plan to push the young set and push Steve/Kayla (who were his idea to bring back last year) and it failed. That is how I see it but I don't care anymore. I just want changes made and let's be done with it.

There were rumors that Hogan wanted to bring Tony and Stefano back so I am guessing he must have pitched this Corday again and be accepted it this time.

That Passions comment was stupid. It follows Days in most markets and Passions has always relied on Days for ratings not the other way around. What an idiot :lol:

• Members

The scary thing is, why do we know this and he doesn't?

As for more in-depth stuff... we didn't really hear much. We're going to see J/M/B/H, but he didn't say what they'd be doing -- it could be a total disaster. The return of Tony is upsetting to me, considering that they passed Eileen Davidson by... not to mention the ruination of Tony. And can't Corday come up with something fresh and new rather than constantly going back to that stale DiMera angle? It's PLAYED. It tells me that they've run out of tricks in their bag, so now they have to go back and try to recycle old plots that used to be successful. Am I the only one reading it this way?

Archived