DAYS: Corday speaks in SOD -

• Members

Yous guess is as good as mine. Probably didn't do enough of his precious research. I remember in the 2005 interview that was about the plan to save Days then that is all he said was "our research shows this " and our "research shows that." He tries to pin the bad writing on research :lol: .

To me, Corday sounded flustered in this interview. His little plan failed and now he is backtracking. He just seemed out of sorts here. He knows he failed and now has to work his ass off to do something about it.

As for more in-depth stuff, I was talking about the other aspects of the cover story Kenny. I heard there is some stuff with Bope and J&M on the cover.

I think the Dimera angle isn't necessarily played but that the way Tony and Stefano were when we last saw them in the flesh has everyone down on them. If these two are written right, it can be great. We'll see. I am just as upset about Eileen as everyone but it's over and who knows how long she will last on B&B. Her story isn't doing nothing for the ratings there and B&B newbies (regardless of talent and experience) traditionally don't last very long. Whatever...as long as I hear news of Joe returning and other people returning I am good. I think going for recent faces to return is a good idea. He probably thinks the losses of Carrie/Austin and Jack/Jennifer are hurting ratings so that is why I wouldn't be surpised to see people like those back too in the future.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

it's not the first time SOD did that.from the issue about alice being the last victim:

in our 2/10/04 issue,you said that Frances was not out.can you explain?

corday:"Yeah,well,here you go bustin Ken again,Stephanie.What am I gonna say? She's still in,but she's not alive.she's murdered,but she's still on the show.she's not out - she's up. she's in heaven if you believe in heaven or the other world or what celeste sees and we dont"

hate him.

• Members

It would suck if Steve and Kayla were written out. I mean, I do not mind seeing them every other day. I would just *prefer* seeing them in GOOD story. Their current storyline beyond sucks, IMO. If they came up with a more compelling story for these two, I believe people would tune in to see it.

• Members

I'm sorry, without Joseph Mascolo as Stefano, the big reveal about the long-standing hatred between the Brady's and DiMera's will be a big DUD! Tony macarading as the uber DiMera didn't work the last time. Stefano needs to come back. Ken Corday is a big liar, but now he has everything to lose, so maybe we can believe him this time. It's definitely crunch time over at Days.

• Members

I dont agree with you guys who say Steve and Kayla are what is causing the decline in the ratings. In my opinion they are one of the best things that have happened to this show in the past couple of years. They are the ones that are probably even keeping the ratings in the 2's. It is the overplay of the younger set (Chelsea, Nick, Shawn, Belle, Philip and EJ) that is killing the show. I really wish they would have made EJ a non Dimera. This Dimera story has been played too much, but if they do go with this story, Stefano definetly needs to be involved.

But Steve and Kayla are great characters. I truly believe if John, Marlena, Bo, Hope were on, the ratings wouldn't be this bad. They have also gotten rid of way too many supporting characters in the past year. Lexie, Austin (needed to recast), Carrie, Jack, Jen, and Stephanie are characters that in my opinion should have never been let go. The cast is very imbalanced right now and that is why the ratings are dropping. Dont blame Steve and Kayla, look at the cast balance and the lack of air time for other characters.

• Members

The implication that S&K are to blame for the ratings decline is simply BAD LOGIC. If you backburner TWO popular couples and replace them with ONE popular couple, the net effect on ratings is obviously going to be negative. It's simple mathematics. This explains why there was no drop in viewership when J&M disappeared for 2 months last year. S&K compensated for their absence and B&H were still in a story.

• Members

I totally ageee. You surround S&K with the people they should be surrounded with and the ratings don't drop. Look how good it was in September. I do think the loss if character like Lexie, Carrie, Austin, Jack, and Jen hurt the show too. We didn't see a difference at first but we do now. They were familiar faces that were good in both supporting and lead roles and I have a feeling Corday is going to return to this well and bring some of these faces back.

As I said, all signs point to Stefano returning and I would not be surprised to see people like Jack, Carrie, etc return. I know Lexie is returning because she will probably take a cut and her exit was so open-ended that it's easy to do. I do think his 15 year comment was stupid but also logical because I think he is gearing towards getting the fans that watched in the 90's back so he is going to bring on faces they are attached too. I don't see him writing off Steve and Kayla but I do see him pulling back on them.

• Members

they dont need to be pulled back in my opinion. They deserve to have thier story told. Corday needs to push back the younger set, bring back some old faves, and focus on the vets as soon as possible. I will be pissed if Steve and Kayla are pushed back, they deserve to be a part of this DiMera story as much as John, Marlena, Bo, and Hope. Steve amnesia and torture was caused by the DiMera, so they need to be a part too.

• Members

I am not saying he will backburner them. I am just saying we won't see them in 18-19 episodes out of 20-21 episodes a month. There will be more balance along the supercouples, which I think has to happen.

Steve and Kayla will be fine. Corday always likes to have 3 supercouples on the show just like in recent years when it has been B&H, J&M, and J&J leading the way. Replace J&J with S&K and there you go. They will still in story but I think their airtime will go back to normal levels rather then being on as much as they have lately.

The oher important thing is that the young set still needs to have focus. They still need to be around in supporting roles. One thing to come out of this mess is some new pairings have moved forward and the show has some great young couples for the future in Chelsea/Nick, Shawn/Belle, and Abby/Max (depending on the Abby situation). They also have LUMI. The show just needs balance like it had in December and early January. That way everyone is happy. They get that balance back, amp up the stories, and have these summer stories live up to the hype and away we go. They will see ratings improvement.

• Members

Word. Word. Word. You summed it up nicely Kenny.

I knew they would breakout the annual "Plan to Save Days" Banner. And I am glad SOD [somewhat] called Corday out on his sh!t. Also, he did "seem" to be moreso sincere than in past interviews, but you never know with Corday.

And yes, I do think that comment about not bring back people from 15 years ago was directed at P&K. No offense to their fans, but I think Corday over estimated their connection to many viewers after being off the canvas for so long [however his decision to bring back Adrienne doesn’t match-up]. I don’t think they are the sole cause of the bad ratings, but I think it would have been better if they were folded into a story with Bo & Hope, or John and Marlena.

• Members

I completely agree... S&K were brought back, left to back burner, then thrust into this psych ward story. I am a long time viewer who did love them about 17 years ago, but this current story doesn't work for me. Too much of a disconnect and character assasination.

I would hate to see Carrie & Austin return again. They're goodie-goodies that are played out.

I'd like to see something that didn't involve Sami lying. Maybe a bulemia relapse to lose pregnancy weight? With the way everyone constantly verbally degrates her, her self esteem could be an issue. Seriously, can we go TWO days without someone throwing her wedding track record in her face? It's not funny anymore, just mean.

I doubt Adrienne will be back long term. No connections, no single men in her age group except Roman.

***As for lead-ns... they swapped Days and Passions in the Chicago market a few months back. Passions at 1PM and Days at 2PM. Days is opposite GH, which has to hurt it.

• Members

I agree about the Sami part. I think she should be front and center, as Ali is a great actress, with a strong following...but...I would like to see her in at least ONE storyline that doesn't involve lying and blackmail.

Watching her distressed and covering up a secret makes me feel like I am watching the movie Groundhog Day.

Archived