AMC McTavish's Swansong - April 30

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Great move by ABC. Demorest and Walsh are great.

So Jones is the first FOK (Friend of Kay). I bet more exiled Y&R writers are going to join. Jim Houghton will probably be one of them.

Is she Asian? If so, that's awesome! Has there ever been any Asian daytime writers?

• Members

While I'm happy Demorest is a co-head (always had a feeling he'd be moving up after McTavish left), I wish Michelle Patrick moved up as well. Oh well.

Anyway, Agenda L. Beall isn't dictating story, so that's something I can also be happy about.

And it's fantastic that Rebecca Taylor is nowhere to be seen on that list, but I am going to have to clunk somebody's heads together for keeping that atrocious Lil' Miss Hot Mess on staff.

Maybe that will change.

But most importantly, I am cautiously happy that Joanna Cohen's still listed.

Jackie was horribly unreliable, considering the fact that she said that Chip Hayes and Hot Mess were gone as of August 2006. <_<

• Members

Eh...

I was still hoping for Jeff Beldner. Well, either Beldner or some new blood completely.

While this doesn’t necessarily excite me, nearly anything is better over McT.

Was the whole Burton Armus thing totally untrue? Were his alleged proposals too hot for Frons/ABC?

• Members

I'm gonna [!@#$%^&*] a brick if that fetus isn't in her last episode. That !@#$%^&*] stuck me with him, she better have used him right up until the end. Sorry, I sound like a broken record, but that woman took AMC from me, and now she leaves without a final scene of worship for her miracle fetus? LMAO

What am I saying, that's probably the epsiode before. She probably dedicated the whole thing in his honor.

But OMG, this is it, folks. As of May 1st 2007 MMT's reign of terror is official over. :D

• Members

Yay for Kay Alden & Stephen Demorest! I remember when Demorest was co-headwriter of GL in the early 90s when that show was rocking.

Rebecca Taylor is a good start, but I'm still hopeful that both Courtney Bugler and Chip "Melrose Place" Hayes will be leaving soon too.

• Members

I'm going to try and start watching on May 1st just to see how big the turnaround will be. You guys will be lucky if they add more Y&R writers. I'm happy for you, but so sad we're stuff with Lynn latham.

Like I've said before, in order for the full impact, they also need to revamp the lighting, wardrobe, camera work, etc. so the entire show can be top notch.

• Members

Yay.

So this is pretty much confirmation that Alden/Demorest/Walsh are all co-Hws?

I cannot wait until May 1st!

And guys ... if this is Alden's/etc. first script then the day before's was McTavish's and she could of used Josh. Josh isn't listed on ALDEN's script. Maybe we're getting confused?

• Members

I wonder if the May 1 date is correct or if Bianca and Zoe are taping scenes out of order because Frons said they would be gone by the end of April and it's been confirmed today:

From Carolyn Hinsey of NY Daily News:

Eden Riegel (Bianca) has elected to leave "AMC" with Jeffrey Carlson (Zarf/Zoe). They last air on April 26.

Archived