The Cocktail Lounge

Scotty

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was asleep and awakened by a telemarketer. I turned on my computer and lit a cigarette and saw the news. I turned on CNN, dropped my cig on my lap, started to cry, and called my best friend who lived in Jersey City. By the grace of God, she and her husband were late catching the PATH and watched everything unfold. Otherwise, they would have been in the WTC at 8:45AM.

My thoughts and prayers to everyone tomorrow.

• Members

Yes, Rite Aid still exists...Here is the story on that

I worked at Eckerd Pharmacy for 3 years. At the beginning of 2007, the owners of the Brooks/Eckerd Corporation were in talks for having Rite Aid buying out the Eckerd chain...what a conglomerate, I tell ya. The acquisition did pass, although it had to go through federal systems to officially make the buyout complete. It was finalized approximately 4-5 months ago. Now, we basically have nothing but CVS, Walgreens, and Rite Aid chains. I was so glad Walgreens bought our building from them...no way in hell I was working for RA.

P.S. I forgot about 9/11 until I was about to leave work today...and I actually sat down, and started thinking about where I was on the day it happened. Ironically, I was a junior in high school in my US History class. Me and my best friend from school couldn't do anything except...think and pray.

• Members

I was a senior in high school! So sad...I'll never forget that day.

And about Brit's weight...I don't think she was 'fat' at all....it's just she made a decision to wear something completely unflattering to her newer body and that was a BAD choice that she had to know people would just eat up. People will look for anything to criticize...

• Members

Wow. Just Wow. I went to work and found out that a very good friend of mine has a brain tumor. He will have surgery within the next two weeks. He will be ok, it is not life threatening, but it is still brain surgery. He's going to be out of work for at least six months because of rehab. I'm just stunned.

Then, another one of my friends will most likely need to have a hysterectomy and she despreately wants to have children. I just can't believe all the bad news I recieved today

Archived