Days: Casting News

• Members

From my understanding her first soap role was a tough place for her - there was a lot of behind the scenes grief, and when she went to DAYS everyone was so great and like "family" and she had a great time there the first time around, and only left because her husband lived in NY state and she thought her marriage would fall apart unless she lived in NY with him (it fell apart anyway).

I think Judi has a great time no matter where she is. She's a positive person. I'm sure she loved working on AW and would have great things to say about her time there, but AW isn't coming back and she did love her time on DAYS - I have no doubt about that.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, everyone thinks that her time on GL was all rosy. But though it netted her a Supporting Actress Emmy, she's been quoted as saying it was miserable for her. I'm glad Days gave her what she needed back in 1987.

• Members

I'm glad Judi Evans is returning as Adrienne. I agree that DAYS should've never had her play Bonnie in the first place, although she was great in the role. She's a very good actress and fans shouldn't be confused much with this. Bonnie and Adrienne share nothing except Judi Evans playing them IMHO.

I agree DAYS also should've never had Josh Taylor play Roman Brady.

Renée Jones as Lexie is an exception agreed.

Heather Olson as a teen Billie, then as Jan Spears was ok too, since teen Billie was a guest/short term role. However Heather Lindell kicked Olson's behind in talent and beauty.

• Members

I am looking forward to Adrienne's return.

I definitely think it'll be harder on new viewers, for obvious reasons. I do think they can minimize the shock (aesthetics, a flashback, etc) to the point where new viewers will just be shaking their head and chuckling, not switching off the TV in frustration. I mean I see slight befuddlement happening, not obliterating confusion.

At this point in time I think it's right that it only be recurring appearances to help with an already-going storyline. I think that is okay, at this point, but understandably no more.

• Members

Josh Taylor should NOT have been brought on as Roman.

Wayne Northrup should NOT have been brought on as Alex.

Judi Evans should NOT have been brought on as Bonnie.

Renee Jones (IN PRINCIPLE) should NOT have been brought on as Lexie, but I can forgive that because she played a very minute character before Lexie, and there were plenty of other actresses who played Lexie before her.

And Heather Olson...well, I've never given two sh!ts about her, anyway.

• Members

Oh, I love Renee too, I'm just saying that in principle, she shouldn't have been brought back as another character after she'd already been on the show.

And I'm ignoring Hattie because she was SUPPOSED to resemble Sam Evans. That was the whole point. To remind Marlena of her sister.

• Members

She did resemble Sam. Extreme jealousy of Marlena(well, Sam did get over that), having a minor relationship with Josh Taylor(Sam and Chris were close back in the day), she even talked like Sam did(kind of Southern accent), she even acted like she wanted to BE Marlena(Sam did when she took over her life). But then Langan went off and FORGOT the story.

Oh Lord, it makes me so sad talking about this. :(

• Members

Your right Keith, it was.

The fact that Hattie was entertaining saved her though in my book. Otherwise, I would have hated it because it was very similar to Sam.

The bottom line is Days should've never started this trend of bringing former cast members back in new roles but can't change the past. All I can say is that I am pleased about this return because I feel Adrienne will add alot ot Steve's story. We'll see how it goes.

Archived