Days: Casting News

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think this is a good move and I don't think that fans with half a brain will be too confused. To think that they would be would be to assume that soap fans are stupid. In this day and age, I believe that a vast majority of soap fans are highly literate and knowledgeable of the pasts of their favorite series as well as the goings on behind the scenes. Also, it's not the first time a soap has a brought an actor back in a far different role. Santa Barbara did it with Leigh McClosky. He originally played Dr. Zack Kelton, Eden's gynocologist who ended up being her rapist. At the end of that role, he immediately returned (with a completely different look) as Ethan Asher. There were a few remarks or comments about his resemblence to Kelton, but that really only lasted a week or so and then never really mentioned again. This isn't unheard of and viewers aren't stupid. I really wish people would stop implying that they were.

• Members

Actually, Justin is Victor's nephew. Victor has always treated Justin as the son he'd never had. Of course, discovering Bo was his son provided quite a bit of friction at the time and Justin left town before Philip was ever born.

• Members

Exactly. You'd practically have to be blind to not realize they're completely separate, unrelated characters, save for the fact that they're played by the same actress (not that that's stopped DAYS in the past :rolleyes:).

• Members

I would love to see Justin come back, even if it were on an open-ended status like Judi. It's not like GH is using Wally and I would love to see the Kiriakis' get more focus.

I agree with you Matt. Fans aren't stupid. Just give them a little character info and make the necessary differences in wardrobe and appearance and it's all good.

Archived