Days: Casting News

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not saying Adrienne should have been brought back under JER. I agree, that would have been a HUGE mistake. But bringing JE back as another character was stupid, which was the point I was trying to make.

• Members

Are you saying the same thing about DAYS bringing Renee Jones back in 93 as Lexie? Josh Taylor as Roman? Wayne Northrop as Alex? Heather Olson as Jan? She was a young Billie back in the day. God forbid they bring an actor back as a new character.

• Members

Heather Olson is a moot point, because she didn't play anyone else.

As far as Renée's role as Nikki Wade, it wasn't actually a leading role and a fan favorite, like say Chris (Josh Taylor) and Adrienne. I'd definitely agree in Josh as Roman's case. Huge mistake. Now, I liked Bonnie. But I also agree that a lot of bad things could have been prevented without the character.

• Members

Do they? I certainly didn't. It's really not a strong point if they're not playing a lead role. A young character in flashbacks and a minor love interest cop doesn't really fit the bill. Not when you compare it to major characters Adrienne and Chris morphing into major character Bonnie and Roman, especially with Roman, who was previously played by two other popular actors. I guess you see it differently. That's fine. Another difference is most anyone who saw Chris or Adrienne had difficulty moving on from those characters. Anyone who had a problem with Nikki Wade got over it, because Renée won them over seemlessly.

• Members

I remember Heather as young Billie and she was fairly recognized for the role because in alot of bios you read about her it will always mentioned she played a young Billie. Renee I always wanted to call Nikki but after a while I startec calling her Lexie just because she fits as Lexie.

I agree on all of what you said when you mentioned Taylor, Evans, Jones, etc.

But Drew, you forgot Andrea Hall-Gengler! :P:lol:

• Members

You're missing my point. The major characters are the problem, as a newer trend. These actors and characters were thought of fondly and well-loved, because they were developed over time. A strong majority of the general fanbase feel the same way from what I've seen online. That's all I'm saying. I can see why you wouldn't see it, as you never saw either character, so you have no reason to care about the difference. To you, it's just another actor who played someone else coming back as a different character. It's all perspective.

• Members

Even that one bugged me, daysfan! I could never really get into Hattie, because she was Sam. It grated on me. I loved when Dee played her. Looking back, she could have been one of the Marlena clones! :lol:

• Members

Yeah, I remember, I just try to forget :lol: Heather Olson was incredibly bad as both Young Billie and Faux Jan. Lindell mopped the floor with her talent-wise.

I would love to see Lindell return, but as someone OTHER than Jan. She has the chops to play someone likeable AND sane.

• Members

See to me, if not most current "Days" fans, so to speak, when she came back to "Days," she was just Paulina from "Another World." (If I got that name right, lol). I had no idea of her time on "Days." NONE. So I wouldn't call it a "HUGE" mistake.

In fact, that's what gets me, why does she call "Days" home, as she did in this interview? Um, if I understand correctly that she was only on "Days" for four years -- a drop in the bucket for daytime -- then why doesn't she see her TRUE home as Bay City?

• Members

It doesn't matter how long you're at a show, it depends on the relationships you form and the comfort that you feel when you are there. She's always said that Days was that place for her, where she felt most at home and had the closest relationships. Nothing wrong with that.

Archived