Days: Casting News

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here is the difference: People care about Adrienne. She was a fantastic character in the 80's and most people know her connections to the Johnson and Kiriakis families. Yes, Days needs to remind people of who Adrienne is so people don't get too confused and I am sure they will.

However, they don't have to explain why she looks like Adrienne. They didn't explain why Alex North looked like the old Roman so why should they have to. It's not necessary. Bring her back, remind fans of the history, and away we go. That simple. People like Judi enough to just accept it. Yes, there will be an adjustment period for some but it's a great character and a fantastic actress so it makes it easier for fans to accept it in the long run.

• Members

When you factor in the lower weight, understated dress sense and toned down make-up, I think many will be surprised just how different Adrienne looks. That's one of the benefits of Bonnie being so outrageous.

• Members

Correction, you cared about Adrienne. You can't speak for everyone. Yes, a lot of people probably did like Adrienne. But how do you know a lot of those people didn't care about Nikki Wade? When Jones came on in 93, those people probably wanted her gone and back as Nikki.

Rion is just saying that it's going to be confusing to new fans. Not everyone has access to a computer and/or clips of the past. When they see Judi return on May 1 as Adrienne and she's sharing scenes with Steve, Kayla, Jack, etc., they're going to be like wtf?

I don't think it's necessary to explain either. However, I don't think it's fair to just push Rion's opinion to the side because a lot of people will feel this same way.

• Members

Where did I speak for everyone? I said PEOPLE do. I never said you. It was in general and it's a fact that many do, including me, so was it necessary to make that statement?

Anyway, no one is pushing Rion's opinion aside. Many of us acknowledged some people would be confused and we all mentioned that Days needs to handle this in a certain way. It's a weird issue but I have no doubt it will end up fine because Hogan is good with details and I am sure he will want to make this easy for the audience to take.

Archived