Days: Casting News

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I had thought the same thing...but if Judi came back as Adrienne in 2003 then JER would have been writing the story and would have destroyed the character of Adrienne. It's better this way. At least now the character has a chance.

• Members

I have mixed feelings.

I am VERY happy for Judi. She gets to keep earning a paycheck, I guess.

But as others have said, this is a quick turnaround. And honestly, I love "Days" now, but it still needs some HIGH STAKES stuff. Most people I encounter say it's "good, and well written ... but boring." Hell, our own R!ck has given up the show indefinitely.

And they think that ADRIENNE, someone whom so many have said made them snooze is the answer? I mean, BONNIE should have stayed, just to keep the fans of the camp!

Having said that, this MADE ME SEE RED:

"She was always strong, but she had been raped by her father, whom she shot and killed. Adrienne lost the memory of doing that, and Steve took the rap."

And here I thought the Mimi twist was so original. Hogan just copied Judi's OLD story. Unbelievable! Thank GOD I wasn't watching her back then, because I would have been LIVID to see Judi playing the SAME EXACT STORY ALL OVER AGAIN.

• Members

Like Phoenix said, I can't see Victor leaving his empire to Bo. Victor's not stupid. He knows that Bo only thinks of him as a son when he needs something. I said that Victor should leave it to Justin because Justin was always the son Victor never had back in the day. We never hear about Justin anymore from Victor, but it would surely get Philip's blood rising if Victor left everything to his more "mature" son. I can't see Victor leaving everything to Philip, just because he knows Philip wouldn't know what to do with all that power.

• Members

This may happen in soaps all the time but DAYS is still dumb to do this IMO.

Does it gauruntee any airtime for her? She was hardly on as Bonnie. What is the point of bringing her back as another actress... just to have her sidelined?

Corday and crew openly came out and said with Wayne Northrop that "he was on such a long time ago that new fans won't remember him"... And once again, THAT, logistic goes out the window.

It's awesome for Judi and I love seeing her, she is a great actress but there still are people ON the show that are not being written for.

• Members

It's really not the same story. There are elements, sure, but Steve was not carted off to prison for good. Adrienne remembered and Steve was set free whereas Mimi remembered and still let Bonnie take the rap. And it was Adrienne who was raped and ended up shooting Duke while in the Bonnie/Mimi story it was Bonnie who was being beaten and Mimi who swung the bat that killed her dad. I liked the Bonnie/Mimi storyline and I thought it was really good, but I don't think Mimi should have allowed Bonnie to take the blame for something Mimi could have explained and been cleared of. It was a sloppy way to get rid of the characters.

• Members

I think it can be argued as sloppy, but look at the characters. It could have been told on a less rushed timeline, but the ending was good for the characters, IMO. It was Bonnie's chance to give something back to a child, instead of always taking from them. Bonnie has no faith in the legal system, a point which I think has a lot to do with why she's how she is. She didn't have the faith to let her daughter come forward, or that it would be so simple. She simply wanted a future for Mimi, she wanted the power to give her one. It's really a beautiful thing. However, it was WAY too rushed, because of the lack of balance and the way the surrogate story was resolved was hurt most from it.

• Members

No where does it say she'll be on contract, or even recurring. As far as anyone knows right now, it's just going to be a handful of appearances as part of Steve's story, just like Jack. I don't know why it's such a big deal.

Archived